“Loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ste. Anne
Country Charm Romantic Resort
Reviewed January 3, 2011

This was our first (and will not be our last) stay at Country Charm. I came in with not so high hopes after reading some bad customer service reviews. But I was very pleased with the entire experience and the cabin itself. Customer service was not an issue, as there was nothing to complain about. The lady at the front desk was very accomodating and pleasant. We stayed in cabin #6, one of the elegant bedrooms.

The layout was done quite well, and the cabin did not seem crowded at all. The kitchen looked great, and I would definately recommend the jacuzzi in the bedroom. The t.v. in the bedroom could swivel around so you could watch from the bed or jacuzzi.

Pros:
Stove was awesome, perfect to grill a pizza we brought with us. They also have a common room next to the office that has a pool table if you don't have a pool table room, and games to borrow. The tv in the living room of the cabin was not a big projection screen as the pictures online would show, but a much nicer updated widescreen. There was also full sound system that played MP3 DVDs & CDs, that you could listen to in the steam shower. They also had a guide made explaning how to use all of the electronics, etc.

Cons:
They charge $3 per bag of ice and $5 each for individually-wrapped firelogs (they won't let you burn real firewood). So you might want to bring your own to save some $. They do have a small selection of movies but most are not romantic or very good. We cleaned any dishes in the kitchen before we used them as they were a little grimey. We actually never made it to the hot tub as the water just didn't get hot enough. We boiled a couple pots of water but then we gave up. But this seems to be a common problem in these kinds of places.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank avon_girlWinnipeg

Reviewed October 23, 2010

We were immediately impressed with the cottage. Beautifully modern decor with corian counter tops, shiny black cupboards, fully equipped kitchen, king size bed, double shower, 2 person whirlpool tub right in room, double sided fire place and an extra room holding the entertainment centre. My partner had some trouble getting the entertainment unit going (and he's an electronics specialist!), but the system was working shortly after that. Another problem with one of the showers didn't cause too much concern. The BBQ on the outside porch is older and in need of replacement (the knobs are all screwed up so you can't see what temp you're cooking on) and the lid doesn't open properly. Other than those few things, we had a great time and even used the canoe and paddle boats offered for a quick spin around the man made lake. A good thing to keep in mind is that there are no phones in the cottages and there is NO INTERNET! We'll definitely go back. I had a quick look at other properties similar to this and they just aren't the same...The others have more of an outdoorsy theme and are rustic vs this modern slick facility.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AJLady
Reviewed September 24, 2010

It was our one year anniversary and my wonderful man decided to surprise me with an awesome getaway to a romantic couples resort, Country Charm. We has such high hopes as not only are they posted in every restroom stall throughout Winnipeg, the hefty price would suggest that they are somewhat classy…WOW were we completely in for a huge surprise.

As others have added we completely agree with the following comments!!: the smoke detectors were not working and put in the cupboard above the fridge, the woman at the check-out desk was rather unapologetic, they need some attitude adjustment or they will loose all there customers, This resort beautiful to the eye, but my cabin was unsatisfactory.. To my surprise she(manager) was unreasonable, rude, loud, unprofessional for the owner of a "romantic resort". There are other resorts with a better attitude and better conditions.

One guest compared the dinner to M&M grocery foods, I’ve had M&M and this wasn’t even close. The dinner was completely disgusting. (Have you ever been to a bud spud and steak for 10 bucks?!! That would be a million times better then this junk) There was a small serving of warmed up frozen beans, the twice baked potatoes were probably from M&M as they were okay for what they were, but defiantly were frozen before served. THE STEAK! I wouldn’t even call that steak. We asked for it done medium…well one was completely over cooked and super dry. The other one was half cooked and half raw…how talented are you when that happens? The desert though I will give them thumbs up as it was delicious carrot and cheese cake

Usually at a normal restaurant you are able to complain the waitress or manager to advise them how the meal went, we were unable to do that as they close at 7pm. We had the meal delivered to us at 6:30 pm where we advised the girl/server that our lighter wasn’t working for the fireplace and she said shed be right back with a working one…she never showed. There is postage in your cabin advising you the office closes at 7pm and if you have any issues and need to call the managers there would be a 35$ service charge. We were not going to pay MORE money for our dinner to complain so we left it till the morning to speak with the manager.

We cleaned up our cabin and went to check out and advised the clerk how our meal went, all that she could say to that was that she would get a manager to call us back right away to deal with the matter, not at all apologetic or wanting to help us come up with an answer right there. Laney, the manager did call us to advise she had taken pictures of our meal and that we ate it. OF COURSE WE ATE THE FOOD. The resort is in the middle of no where, where else were we supposed to get dinner at that time of night. WE paid for this meal and brought no other food as we were excited for this “gourmet steak dinner” they promised us. The steaks were mostly left as we ate what ever meat we could to not go hungry.

After playing phone tag with the manager for a week and her giving us a long lecture of how they cook the steak and that it was our fault that we wanted it medium, “medium steaks are never juicy” she advises us…UMMMMMM do you know what your talking about?!?! Anyways after being yelled at from the manger WHO is supposed to be the face of the business and make her guests feel welcomed to come back offered us a free dinner the next time we come back. SORRY LANEY. WE will never pay 300 dollars to stay in a resort that has management who doesn’t respect their paying customers that keep their business alive.

Some good things because it’s rude to not give them complaints with a little bit of compliments: They had a full kitchen with dishes that stank like sour, small Canadian tire sell off dirty barbeque, sunroom and fabulous Jacuzzi tub as well as a steam shower. There was also a large flat screen TV from when they were first produced as well with surround sound and an uncomfortable very used leather couch. They have 2 paddle boats which is nice to paddle around in their man made pond. You can also rent an ATV for 50 bucks for half an hour.

A few extras just so you know what your getting yourself into there is a broken swing, outdoor fireplace with no lighter, matches, or axe, run down drink area outside that is no longer used and tv sticking out of the wall in the bedroom where you continue to hit your head whenever you walk around the bedroom.

We will never stay here again, and I will forward this review to the owner as well.
If you want somewhere to stay we had a fabulous time with Inverness Falls in Rennie out in the Whiteshell. The owner there, Judy is amazing, super nice and very accommodating! They have many more amenities and is much more romantic, I don’t get any kick back from this comment I just want to show you that there are good resorts in Manitoba and you don’t have to deal with the rudeness and blatant disrespect Country Charm provides!

Ps. I found out what country charm means….its the horse poop smell that surrounds the "charming" resort.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
27  Thank breanne211
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We always have a fabulous time at Country Charm Romantic Resort. We have been able to experience all 4 seasons, winter is just as enjoyable as summer. We have gone cycling, paddleboating, canoeing, played horseshoes/boardgames & pool, dirtbike riding, wildlife tracks hunting, the adventure is yours to create :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

After a summer of work, work, work we decided to try Country Charm to get away and relax. We were definitely not disappointed! The lady who served us at the front desk was very friendly and courteous. Our room was beautiful, clean (believe me, I'm fussy when it comes to cleanliness in a hotel or resort), and very inviting. It just felt so relaxing. The surrounding grounds were beautiful, inviting customers to try their hand at a few various sports (basketball, badminton, horseshoe, etc) as well as a canoe and 2 paddle boats. Seating can be found in different areas to sit and just relax and talk. Or enjoy the walking trails as we did on the old bikes they provided.

Negatives? Hmmm, I'm a bit hard-pressed to think of any. I guess if any it would be that the sun-room was quite warm to sit in, as there aren't any screens on the large patio door to allow a cross-breeze...but then again, we could have the door open since there really were very few bugs!! Maybe a ceiling fan would suffice. And I saw the smoke detectors were, well, missing from the ceiling (at least the covers were), except for one in the bedroom area. Made me wonder if that one or any of those "partial" ones would work?...

Thank you for giving us a wonderful stay. I feel sorry for the people who wrote further down that they had a bad experience. At first after reading that one I was somewhat hesitant to actually try this place...glad I didn't go with that thought and decided to try it anyway!!! My husband and I will certainly go back. In fact we have decided that we would like to try out some of the other cabins over the year to come for special events (anniversary for example).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Location: About 30 min from Winnipeg; 15 min from Steinbach; 5 min from Ste Anne.
Amenities: 10 cabins surrounding a large man-made pond that offers catch & release fishing, paddle-wheel boats and a nice water fountain. There are also some paths for walking and ATV rentals. Note: We rented an ATV and promptly got stuck in about two feet of muddy water, which got us very dirty. Perhaps guests should be warned if the path is under water? Just a thought. Room service was also available for breakfast & dinner. We ordered the dinner option twice, I believe. I was satisfied but my wife was not overly impressed. We're both pretty sure that they were serving M&M grocery foods.

Room: The cabins were very nice, clean and comfortable. However, I did find the rear-projection television had poor picture quality despite the many adjustments I tried to make to the color, contrast, etc

Service: Okay overall but we I left feeling annoyed because of the check-out experience. As I recall, there were advertisements inside the cabin that peeked my interest. They were basically deals for repeat customers who booked again for a future stay prior to leaving. We had enjoyed our stay so we were about to do so. But when we tried to do so on checkout, we were told that those offers were no longer in effect because the resort was under new ownership. I of course noted that advertising one thing right inside of the cabins and then saying the opposite during check-out could easily be construed as false advertising. Unfortunately, the woman at the check-out desk was rather unapologetic. So instead of feeling happy and content on the drive home, I felt annoyed and frustrated.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Country Charm because we found it to be a relaxing experience. The three season sunroom and the relaxing sound of the water fountain were highlights. I also enjoyed feeding the minnows in the pond. But improvements could certainly be made if the owners were so inclined. Unfortunately, I'm not convinced that they are as of yet. We will be going back, however, and hope to enjoy ourselves even more than the first time.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband and I were all geared up for a night of romance--away for our one and only night of the year--and we were beyond disappointed. We specifically reserved the hot tub room only to have the hot tub full of ?sewage/rust from pipes!! We called as well and were told to keep running the jets as this would clear up. We filled and emptied the tub 3 times and ran the jets continuosly but gave up at 2330 when we realized there was no hope. It was hard to salvage the romantic evening...they are hard to come by for us as we have a special needs child at home and have a difficult time finding a sitter. When we complained the next day the female manager was rude and stated she would only give us a 50% off our NEXT stay as we still got to enjoy the rest of the room!! Who said we wanted to go back there! I don't know.....they need some attitude adjustment or they will loose all there customers. I will definetly tell everyone I know just how awful our experience was.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
#13 of 63 in Winnipeg
Frantz Motor Inn
Frantz Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Steinbach

Been to Country Charm Romantic Resort? Share your experiences!