This resort treats you like royalty. They make you pay royally too.Property is by the banks of the river Cauvery and full marks to the location. Now lets come to the amenities...
1. Rooms are spacious and the sofa cum bed in the living area actually becomes a double bed which works well for the kids.
2. Pool.. the pictures on the website is good, but the water needs to be cleaned regularly. I found the maintenance of the pool wanting.
3. Restaurant : Food was mixed where some dishes were cooked well and the others not so, but it was nice. When they had a larger crowd the service level sank, where getting basic things like a bottle of water, a beer etc became tough. Otherwise I am not complaining.
4. The ampitheatre in the evening where they showed movies kept the kids busy. Otherwise the place would be a boring place in the evening. If they would organize certain events like in Zest in the evenings, it would be nice. I am sure they can afford it....
Overall the staff is helpful, hospitable and cooperative, but I would appreciate it if the Manager was reachable. when things go wrong I did see a tendency of everybody o brush things under the carpet.
The room service was pathetic. The coffee machine was not working and I had to do without coffee in the evening as nobody knew who was repairing the machine till the next morning till I got annoyed. And then when the coffee machine was brought in... realized that there was no milk powder, then forr a couple, it was just a single sachet of coffee.....believe me Coffee became a project. Various other counts, the room service was found wanting.
Liquor : Its like a government store where most brands are not available. You drink what they have and still pay for it like a 22 year Single Malt. I would suggest to take your own drinks if you are particular.
Coffee Hut : It was not operational at all. When the coffee maker was not functional. When I complained, the restaurant sent me two cups of coffee and reminded me twice that it was chargeable...... but that was a one off incident !
Spa : The charges were criminal. 8000 INR for a body massage... thats expensive by Western standards. And then they have only male masseurs for everybody. Some women might not be comfortable with that. And the package they offerred me, they did add a small component to allow a discount on the massage, but we could not avail it at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Amanvana Eight Island Luxury Spa Resort in Coorg to reinforce and emphasize the beauty of returning to the essentials of life.. to reflect..to rejuvenate.. to commune and to contemplate,… You will find it all here… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Amanvana Spa Resort, Coorg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.