“The Green Cat Bakery - What a treat!!!”

The Green Cat Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Eglinton
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/The-Green-Cat-Bakery/203007569806175
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The Green Cat Bakery - What a treat!!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was in Eglinton visiting family and we called in for lunch, what a treat that was!! A vintage tearoom that is tastefully decorated, very clean and it was a pleasure to sit and eat there. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the food was very good too!!
Prettily mismatched china cups and crockery added to the vintage feel and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. I had one of the "specials" on the menu and i must say it was delicious.
The cupcakes not only looked absolutely beautiful but tasted just as good!!
Everything is homemade and as i bake myself (so i know the work and costs involved) i feel that the owner must only do it for the love of baking, she surely cant make any money as the prices are shockingly low.....in England the bill would have been double !!
My only regret was that i couldn't try everything the menu!!!!
I highly recommend a visit.....an absolute treat!!!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Barbara P

“Great find”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The baked goods are always delicious and as I have enjoyed everything I have tried off the menu. The vintage feel and china crockery used make it a special place to visit

2 Thank Citrus2512
Rainham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant vintage tea room, excellent cupcakes”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was in Eglinton visiting family and we popped in for a coffee and cake and I must say I was very impressed! My choclate-orange cupcake was delicious, and the decor was beautiful. Everything was presented in such an attractive manner with touches of vintage everywhere. We were made to feel very welcome and it's the perfect place to stop for a catch up with friends and family alike. The prices were excellent as was the service, I can't recommend it enough. I will definitely be stopping by when I am back over.

3 Thank NatalieP1985
Essex, United Kingdom
“Superb quality of food and beautiful decor”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Green Cat is a wonderful addition to the places to eat in the Derry/Londonderry area. I have now eaten here several times for both morning coffee and lunch. I have yet to have something on the menu that I haven't liked. The homemade soup is excellent, the scones are delicious, the cupcakes are amazing, and the paninis are very good.
Beautiful vintage crockery is used and so it does feel like a real treat eating here, although with extremely reasonable prices.
Do go and try the Green Cat as I think everyone would be impressed and want to come back - each time I am back in Derry, I look forward to returning.

2 Thank BunnyPalmer
Waterford, Ireland
“Wonderful Vintage Tea Room”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been here several times and am never disappointed except when they do not have their yummy Fudge Cake. It is such a friendly atmosphere and wonderful food. I have recommended this to everyone I know.

2 Thank irishtravellers2012