See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has got a very big swimming pool for such a hotel. There are a lot of very hungry mosquitos around the lake, even when you’re using tropical anti-mosquito spray.

Very good restaurant with an excellent wine choice.
Large hotel rooms, however the air-conditioning was old and not properly cooling, which was not in favour of a good night-rest.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank KrisR740
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

A decent hotel restaurant with traditional Italian fare. Setting is lovely, staff are friendly and the food for our party of 11 was well cooked, arrived quickly and we enjoyed it. If you’re staying nearby and enjoying the lake watersports the hotel is worth a visit. Not special but nice.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Hotel Marina seeking a better place to rest than that awful B&B Giardino sur Lago. see my other review.
Hotel Marina was perfect. we had a large covered balcony with lovely lake view. The balcony had several chairs and good sized table so we could enjoy apero. They brought delicious cappuccinos to the room.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2016

My family stayed at this hotel for a week in September. We were having a family reunion with cousins from nearby towns and this hotel was centrally located for us. It is off the beaten path but the signs leading to it made it easy to find as we drove there from Malpensa. What a lovely and gracious hotel! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained leading right up to the edge of Lake Viverone. The pool is the largest hotel pool that I have ever seen and it, like everything else there, is immaculate. We had dinner for 20 and the food was excellent. We felt that the entire staff went out of their way to make this family reunion even more special than it already was. Breakfast is bountiful with a very good assortment of hot and cold offerings.
Our room faced the lake and was large, even by American standards. The bathroom was spacious with a hair drier and makeup mirror and the shower strong with plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable and we found the hotel to be quiet and restful. Of course, it was late September so it was not at capacity but I would be very surprised if it was much different in the summer.
The Piedmont region of Italy is uniquely beautiful and yet, relatively undiscovered. This hotel, in any other more touristed place would easily command twice the room price. We will stay there again next year when we return to Italy. I am smiling as I type this. I can't wait to go back.

Room tip: The lake view room was worth every penny. The Alps in the background add to the beautiful view.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

We are driving home to the U.K. and needed a stop-off - we called on the day and they happened to have two interconnecting rooms on the top floor, with lake views. Yes please! The rooms were absolutely lovely and very comfortable; the view was gorgeous. The hotel itself was very clean and the gardens that lead directly into the lake were beautifully well kept. We managed a quick dip in the pool in the morning before we left - it was tempting to stay longer but we had to get home! Had to pay extra for pool towels, which was surprising in a 4* hotel.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening - a very nice meal, especially the risotti. I found the fried fish signature dish quite bland and could have done with a salad or something with it. It was an expensive meal but you expect that in a hotel. I thought €8 for a couple of scoops of Icecream for my son was excessive though.
I found the staff professional but a little distant.
I was a bit disappointed with the DIY breakfast. The choice was reasonable but we were very much left to our own devices, including having to get our own coffee from the kind of machine you get in service stations. I couldn't actually drink the cappuccino, which is not really acceptable in Italy! I've lived in Italy and have almost never had a bad coffee, so this was a shame. I think they could also invest in some decent juice - maybe even a juicer so they could offer freshly squeezed orange juice. We had this in a 3* hotel in Tuscany earlier in the holiday and it was such a nice touch. The juice on offer here was the overly sweet, longlife synthetic stuff they sell in cartons in supermarkets. Again, undrinkable (to my taste).
Aside from the small bugbears, it was a lovely and unexpectedly luxurious stopover. I would definitely consider going again for maybe two or three nights so that we could explore a little more.

Date of stay: August 2016