“over night stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barlborough
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“over night stay”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good stay , bed comfy parking good. Would stay there again as we often visit famliy in the area. Did not stay long enough to comment on food etc but I feel anyone wishing to stay longer that the facilities on the site were very good and Chesterfield is a good base for exploring Derbyshire.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Manager10, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

The new beds are indeed very comfortable and we are lucky to have a large car park , albeit some of it shared with the Pub! So there is never any trouble with parking on site.
As you correctly mentioned, this is a great base for exploring not only Chesterfield and its historical Crooked Spire but also the beautiful Peak district. With the close proximity of the M1 we are accessible to most areas easily.
Many thanks, we hope to see you again soon.
Yvonne Parsisson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Polish first
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

we booked at the last minute and got an excellent room. It was very comfortable,The room did have an interior door, and a sofa bed, so if anyone else in the family wanted to stay they could have. the breakfast available was reasonable and in a clean and comfortable enviroment. I would certainly make use of the late room facility again,(booked on-line), lets face it its, its' somewhere to sleep and it was a lovely room with en-suite,TV, tea and coffee and wifi (although I thought that should have been free, it was £1 an hour). It was ground floor easy access, My only criticism, was that they had a shoe buffer, not far from our room, and it made a noise first thing in morning, I think that should be moved. But all in all an excellent hotel for the amount we paid £64 for 2 nights.

Room Tip: always look at comments, then go and make your own mind up.!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, the rooms are well sized and we do have a few rooms that have the Sofa bed. These are subject to availability when booking.
I note your comments regarding the WIFI and we are currently upgrading our system to offer a free service in the not so distant future.
I do hope that we will see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This was better than I expected, our room was large and very clean. Breakfast had a good selection of food. The staff were friendly. Very close to the m1. Would recommend this to others and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind review. I will pass on your comments to the staff. At Ibis we constantly strive for ways to improve our service and your comments are invaluable to us.

Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I felt let down by the bed
With all the adverts i expected to bed to be comfortable but was not
It was a disapppointment and lack of pillows did not help .
All the hotels I have stayed in this bed was the most uncomfortable I have slept in.
There was no staff on front desk to ask questions also

• Stayed March 2013
Manager10, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am sorry that your stay did not meet with your expectations. I was quite suprised to read that you found the new beds to be uncomfortable as we are receiving many compliments about them. But I understand that they were not ideal for you and take on board your comments.
Please also accept my apologies for the lack of pillows, we always offer additional items from Reception and I am sorry you were not made aware of this at the time.

I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stayed here on a number of occasions and have always found it excellent value and friendly plus very comfortable and convenient for travel and as we are a touring band (Egypt) it ticks all the boxes for us

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am happy that you continue to enjoy staying with us and we hope to welcome you again very soon.
London
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel is as good as you would expect ticking all the boxes for a good nights stay, Pub next door a MCD, KFC, Costa all on the doorstep.
Close to the central purchasing office for Greencore if thats your thing and Manton Wood is 15 mins away.

My only complaint is its Noooooooooowhere near Chesterfield; it must have been named by someone who used to work for a budget airline.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you had a good nights stay. As you correctly point out we are not in Chesterfield itself , we are approx a 15 minute drive away. Should you ever need to be located in the Town we have another Hotel, Ibis Chesterfield Centre.
I do hope however that we can welcome you back to this Hotel soon.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel ticks all the boxes for us, its clean, its close to the motorway the staff are very friendly, but the bigest plus of all is you can now have a good old fashioned english breakfast, bacon egg sausage beans tomatoes mushrooms,eggs are scrambled not fried

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Manager10, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I am very happy that you enjoyed our Breakfast, I will ensure your comments are passed on to our Food & Beverage Manager.
We hope to see you again soon.
Yvonne Parsisson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel
Sandpiper Hotel
Sandpiper Hotel
#8 of 15 in Chesterfield

Been to Ibis Chesterfield North? Share your experiences!