“Hotel in need of refurbishment” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Chesterfield North

Ibis Chesterfield North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barlborough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Strange I got room 302 also but found it quiet during my two night stay. However the room was incredibly hot --- the windows dont open very far. I found the bed very hard and along with the lack of ventilation resulted in a poor nights sleep both nights. The hotel felt a bit tired and could do with a bit of a tidy up and a lift that travels faster than snails pace !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager10, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,Thank you for your feedback we will look into your points of concern and I apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. With regards to the beds we have noted comments from guests regarding our beds and I am pleased to confirm that we will be installing new beds in all our bedrooms by the end of August. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Room 302 is one to avoid, i'm sure there are others at that end of the hotel.

We stayed with the intention of just having a good sleep, due to a long journey the following day.

7am delivery lorry crashing and banging,then just as we started to go off to sleep again, the dustbin lorry turned up!
We checked out at 8am, when i asked if the hotel was full they said no so i asked why we had been given a room over a delivery door etc they apologised and said thay had not thought about it!

Room Tip: Avoid staying at the rear of the hotel, far left hand side unless you want an early wake up call.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager10, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest

I am really sorry to hear that your stay at Ibis Chesterfield North wasn’t up to expectations and that you were disturbed by deliveries. I am currently reveiwing the delivery times with the suppiers concerned and again apologise for the disturbance. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager
Bedale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel was not having a good day as the lift had been out of order for quite a few days and with no fast fix in view. The room was clean and comfortable but so warm , we opened the windows but it still made the night less than comfortable.
We ate in the restaurant which I suppose you could say you got what you paid for. We did have issues with one of the main courses but this was sorted by the very pleasant young lady.

Room Tip: If the lift is working or you are fit choose a twin room on the top floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager10, General Manager at Ibis Chesterfield North, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. Firstly I apologise that the lift was out of service during your visit, the lift has now been repaired and I regret the inconvenience that this may have caused. On a positive note I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and tidy. Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming back in the future. Kind regards Janet Cummings, General Manager
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Had to travel to Sheffield to go to the Rother Valley Country Park. I often stay in the IBIS in Sheffield and therefore felt comfortable booking this one as I now know the chain. Did stay in one the previous week in Preston too. No issues with the key cards this time. My room overlooked the back of the Hotel, not pretty, but I was not there for the views. Nice check in and good explanation of the services. Mind you I cold not find my kettle in my room, there was not one but got a replacement immediately. TV channels are limited, but again I was not there for the TV. It was 9 minutes from the Rother Valley County Park. Bed comfortable, room clean, breakfast tasty. I made breakfast last about an hour as I was in no rush. Ate in the pub/restaurant next door in the evening, worth going to with a bigger menu. Would stay again. Booking in advance gets you better rates.

Room Tip: Depends if you are there dor the views, front looks over the car park, back looks overe a little gro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Terry W
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your thoughts Tripadvisor, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Janet Cummings, General Manager
Watford Herts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and we were very satisfied both times. The bed was comfortable and it was quiet (we were on the third floor). For the money (£34) we thought it was very good value for money and would recommend to friends wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank janemarion99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Premier Inn Chesterfield West Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
Twin Oaks Hotel
#1 of 1 in Palterton

Been to Ibis Chesterfield North? Share your experiences!