“Budget Carvery”

De Rodes Arms Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Likjed the menu and price - a carvery with 3 meat choices for less than £5. However it is always crowded and because of it there is a lot of queueing,dirty tables and on a couple of occasions have had to take drinks back served in dirty glasses. The food is good, plentiful and cheap but the furnishings need updating.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I arrived with my dad and step mum and it seemed to be quite pleasant. But when we sat at our table we soon noticed that it hadn't been wiped clean from the previous customers as there was gravy smudges and it was really sticky. Working in the restaurant business and only just recently finishing a shift at work I wanted to pick up the spray and cloth and go around wiping the tables. One member of staff walked by who was taking food to a table so I didn't ask him as, being a waitress, I know how irritating it can be to get asked to do something by a customer while serving a table. We were sat at the table for a while before another member of staff was within speaking distance, she looked miserable, she didn't smile once when she spoke to us and when I asked her whether she could give our table a quick wipe she looked almost insulted by it but went to get the cleaning things, she returned with a damp cloth! No spray, just the cloth. When my dad returned with the ticket we went to get our meals, when we arrived the carver had his hat on but his long hair was not tied back, what's the point in wearing hats if it does not keep the hair back and out of the way. He also looked miserable! By this point I obviously wasn't impressed! The vegetables were dry and the meat crumbled as it was cut and the gravy was lumpy which whenever I visit it always is. I know that it only costs less than £4.00 a meal but I think that it should be better quality. When sat down to eat our meals my step mum organised cutlery for everybody but the majority of it was dirty and I had to scrape off dry food from it! Staff should check the cutlery before they put it in the pot because it was disgusting. It wasn't all bad, I ordered the Honeycomb Sundae it was delicious although the member of staff serving it didn't seem very happy the dessert that she served me was beautiful! I think that you need to have a moral booster for your staff! At least you have got rid of the disgusting white aprons, they were filthy whenever I visited covered in gravy and other sauces!
Please manager of this restaurant take my review into consideration and get your staff to pay more attention to personal hygiene and cleanliness!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

no waiting when we went in, meat tender and like idea of pie now available, vegetables bit dry and roast potatoes not crispy, better now they have got rid of wooden boards. Been many times but not so good last time.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Always very busy at lunchtime so best to get there early. Good selection of meats and veg. Noticed that prices have been creeping up recently but still good value for money. Then when you have finished you can walk it off by going round Dobbies!!!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went in there while passing but soon came out! Food looked cheap and not cheerful, same as staff. Always has lots of cars in so might have been an off day?