“Gone downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Treble Bob

The Treble Bob
Cuisines: Grill, Bar, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Gone downhill”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I used to love coming to this place when I was younger, and I'd not been since it had been revamped, so decided it was worth a go, but don't think we'll be returning, we didn't have the carvery, which looked very good, although I wish we'd have had that now, the service was a bit slow, they seemed to be very short staffed, the food itself was good, but when it came out, the waitress asked if we wanted any sauces or drinks, so we ordered another 2 drinks, and some sauce, and 10 minutes later when our drinks arrived, my sauce hadn't, so I asked again (although I'd eaten nearly half my meal by then) then it took another 5 minutes to come out. Now I know this is only sauce, but it's the principal of it. We also had to ask for new cutlery as our had been taken away with the starters, and no more were brought out, not even when our main was. The place has a lovely feel to it, and could be so much better, but the people working there, don't seem to care about service, manners, or hospitality.

Notts
“Mother's Day carvery”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went yesterday for Mother's Day carvers and it was absolutely awful food ! All the veg was soggy and tasteless and the meet cheap and tough. What a waste of £65!..very disappointed when it should have been a special occasion. We will not be retuning.

Dronfield, England, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We visited on a Saturday night. The Treble Bob is worth a visit - generally an airy, pleasant restaurant, with clean toilets & no,problem parking. The carvery is good value - although by 8, when we arrived it was becoming cool, but temperature is a problem for carveries everywhere. I had a chicken breast option which was quite good, and although it could have been better with a few more potatoes, it was fair value. The desserts are a little over-priced and the Eton Mess is 90% cream - finding the meringue needed a CSI like examination. The service (waitresses at the table) is brisk and efficient - just don't look for a smile. Next time we will arrive earlier & avoid the desserts.

• Visited March 2013
“Could be really something”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Place is clean, spacious has a slightly contempary feel and seems to be well looked after with plenty of parking.

Considering it wasn't peak time the service was a not as attentive as I'd have expected. Having to wait to be taken down to the carvery, especially as it wasn't busy, seemed odd - Carvery is supposed to be a fairly instant service.

Turkey was nicely moist, good choice of veg and plenty of it- but nothing really stood out to make me want to rush back again soon.

“Very poor service”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here for Sunday lunch, our waitress appeared like she couldn't be bothered and everything was too much hard work. When asked if we should go straight up for the carvery the waitress shouted as she was walking away 'no there's a queue'. When we were taken up to the carvery someone told us to 'wait at the counter like you used to do at school'. The food wasn't great, and when the waitress came back to collect the plates she offered dessert but no coffees and literally 30 seconds later brought the bill making us feel we were rushed out, despite it not being too busy. It's a shame as I live right next to this pub but will definitely not be returning. On a positive side the guy serving the carvery was pleasant and friendly!!!overall pretty awful.