“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dusty Miller

Dusty Miller
Ranked #2 of 3 Barlborough B&B and Inns
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

After a trip to meadowhall on a Sunday we fancied a Sunday dinner but thought it might be a bit late to find anywhere still doing carvery as it was 5 o'clock,a friend had told us about the dusty miller so I rang them to see if they were still doing carvery to my suprise they was upto 7-30 so we arrived,the staff were really helpful in explaining the way the carvery was served as there was an amazing selection of food available,after filling our plates we sat down and enjoyed one of the best tasting carverys we've ever had.needless to say we both cleared our plates,Will definitely be going back amazing food at a reasonable price and friendly staff around great meal out.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Layton11
AdrianF80, Owner at Dusty Miller, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for your great review it's really nice when someone else recommends you to try us and what you find when arriving is everything plus more that you were happy with.
I will pass your kind comments onto my chef's and staff as they also like to know they are being appreciated.
We are now serving a new bigger Carvery display with even more choice and 3 different gravy's.
Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

After a family outing we called for lunch we had the carvery which should have been £5.25 Monday to Friday with an increase to £8.25 Sat- Sun and this was a Monday true it was a bank holiday Monday yet it specified nowhere I could see that this day the price had increased by a £1 .

Having said that the food was good except for the mash potatoes they were very dry and lumpy

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
AdrianF80, Owner at Dusty Miller, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Glad you enjoyed the visit with family members sampling our very popular Carvery,yes it is slightly more in cost on a bank holiday Monday for obvious reasons but we do also pop on more expensive dishes on the display besides roast meats.
So it is stil very much value for money.
Carvery is from £5.25 mid week and 2 course from £6.95, weekends and bank holidays differ.
We now have a new look carvery,bigger with even more choice.
Hope to see you again soon.
Yorkshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

To be greeted by a surly chap exclaiming "Oi where do you think you're going?" probably set the tone for my family's stay for the evening. A roadside cafe masquerading as a hotel. Quite who gave this tawdry place a three star rating defeats me. The rooms were damp and the crockery at breakfast was dirty. In future I would rather sleep in the car. The carver of which they are so proud I'm sure is excellent but there is nothing else worth recommending in this awful establishment. I won"t be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TornadoF3
AdrianF80, Owner at Dusty Miller, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I am the landlord and owner of this establishment and am very proud of the Dusty Miller.It has been in the same family since 1976 which is testament to the ongoing commitment my staff and myself show to make people welcome,happy and have a enjoyable experience be it staying over night or just popping in for a relaxing drink and a bite to eat.
I was not on duty for your visit and feel that something or a member of staff ruffled your feathers from the start for whatever reason which set your mindset for the rest of your stay.
I would very much doubt that if anything was said inappropriately that it was intentional.I wish i had met your family because i am sure that your extremely over exaggerated review which does not describe the Dusty at all or what we are about ,would have been different.
Having said that we do try to improve things all the time and take on board sensible comments if being praised or customers looking for us to make improvements.
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

My daughter and I stayed there in October 2011.

My biggest regret was that on the way up I had promised her Pizza Hut for dinner and nothing I could do would change her mind to go for the carvery which was not only excellent value but looked superb.

This was further confirmed by the excellent breakfast which was included in the price.

The pub also had a live band - but sadly due to my daughter's age an early night was better - from the little I heard they were very good.

The room was small, but completely functional and I have no complaints.

Would certainly go there again.

Please remember this is budget rooms and if you are expecting 5***** hotel and all the facilities you would be disappointed - but a fantastic place for an overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ChrisW41
AdrianF80, Owner at Dusty Miller, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thanks for the positive feed back.Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barlborough
Ibis Chesterfield North
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
Ibis Chesterfield Centre
#8 of 15 in Chesterfield

Been to Dusty Miller? Share your experiences!