The resort itself was clean and tidy and most staff were helpful except for the bartender who was just rude.
We stayed for a week which was far too long! We were told there would be lovely sandy beaches right by the resort which there are not, it is on the Atlantic side and nothing but rock, you certainly would not want to swim in it, as it is far too rough. On the Caribbean side of Long Island the beaches were gorgeous, Cape Santa Maria beach was particulary beautiful, they did provide a free bus to a few beaches.
There onsite resturant was very expensive and there breakfast was a joke! We went to the nearest shop to stock up (which was a gas station approx 3miles away!) which ofcourse in that heat you do not want to walk, so you need to hire a car which they do offer but its not particulary cheap. Could not believe they did not have a shop onsite!!
Nothing to do of an evening so its gets very boring as there are no TV's in the rooms, which for the price you pay you would expect. Air conditioning did work but sounded like a tractor!
All in all a extremley boring week and i could not wait to get outta there - avoid this Island completely !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas