I have stayed five times in the last six years, even though I have family & friends to stay with!! When I land on Long Island, after an overnight trip of 18 hrs of so, the first thing I want to do is head for Stella Maris Resort! The place is heaven for those of us who can tolerate such things as occasional, brief electricity outages, less than top-notch appointments, in-room TVs, etc. That is not what this kind of place is about. Stella Maris Resort offers the friendliest staff ever - they are both warm and welcoming, and at the same time efficient and professional. Almost all the staff are locals, who are like family to the owners and guests, and this makes for a unique and wonderful dynamic.
The resort is owned and managed by two German families, now in their third generation. It is not unusual to look up at dinner your first night there and recognize your waiter as the incredibly competent and kind pilot who just flew you in from Nassau!
You won't find gobs of passive activities here. You can kayak, snorkel, explore caves, bushwhack to see the ruins of numerous plantation ruins dating to the 1700s, visit the island's modest museum, snorkel, scuba dive, go flats (bonefish) fishing, reef fishing, or deep-sea fishing....jeez, the list is endless, really! But no video games, only one large TV in the clubhouse, and no casinos. This is island-life, old school, and if you don't love it there, I will eat my words!!!
As for me, the countdown to my return to the beauty, tranquility, and incredible people of Stella Maris has just begun :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas