My wife and I spent eight days in a 1 BR villa with a pool. We are seasoned world travelers, and our experience was as good as it gets in terms of the helpfulness of the staff, the raw beauty of the location, the food prepared and served, and the activities available. One of the managers picked us up in Nassau in a small aircraft for the 50 minute flight. Upon arrival, we were collected and delivered to our villa within 5 minutes. For lunch we ate at the Moonshine Bar and were graciously served by Sue. It became a daily ritual. We ate our other meals - breakfast and dinner - in the dining room and chose the meal plan. Every night was superb! Daily we were taken on beach, snorkeling, or kayaking excursions on our schedule. Most of the time we would have a stunningly gorgeous setting to ourselves until we were picked up at the agreed upon time. The managers and proprietors often personally attended to our needs and chauffeured us around. Their recommendations were always just perfect. The villa had air conditioning. Even though our stay was August 7 -15, we never used the air conditioning. The breeze kept us very comfortable. At night the stars were awesome. We even caught the August 12-13 meteor shower.
If you are looking for lots of action and glitz and casinos, do not go to Stella Maris. If you are looking for beauty, laid back island life, great food and drink, comfort, and memories galore, you cannot beat Stella Maris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas