The planes was delayed five hours and I knew I would miss my connection so I called Stella Maris. The wonderful women at the front desk (Yvonne? and Lakera) booked Orange Hill hotel (family run & close to the Nassau airport) and rescheduled our flights for the next morning. A cab was waiting for us at the Stella Maris airport and 10 minutes later we were in our cottage. The hotel rooms may have a better view but we enjoyed the extra space in the cottage which had cute decorations and were immaculately clean. Also, we were the only ones who used the pool which was steps outside our door. We relaxed at Moonshine's beach bar and over the course of a week became friends with two wonderful Long Island bartenders Sue and Queen. We loved the Salt Water pool, you've got to see it to believe it and visited it several times a day to experience it during high and low tide. Peter and his grandson drove us on several complimentary excursions and we appreciated the fact that the he was willing to send us on a shorter kayaking trip, we enjoyed Deal's Beach and loved the snorkling at Columbus Point (I saw a turtle!) Except for the rum punch party with a rake and scrape band, it was quiet in the evening but we enjoyed talking to Shawn at the bar and there is always the pool table and foose ball but my favorite activity was walking to the beach and looking at the stars. Service at breakfast (Laura?) and dinner was excellent and Bruno's food was an interesting combination of Bahamian and German. Everyone was friendly and helpful but most importantly seemed genuinely happy to be working at Stella Maris, a sure sign of a well run resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas