We have been travelling to Long Island and Stella Maris for over twenty years, even though we live in Tasmania Australia. From the time we board the Stella Maris private plane with Joel, to the airport welcome from Smithy and his taxi and the arrival rum punch we always feel contentment washing over us! this year we chose to stay in a king bedroom cottage closer to the club. There are four cottages grouped around a very inviting little pool. Ours had a timber deck with chairs and table facing the pool and then sliding glass doors looking out to the garden and over the Atlantic, where sunloungers were placed. We have stayed in the beach houses when accompanied by more family. I could recommend Dolphin House with it's fabulous pool. But all beach houses are beautifully comfortable. Facilities at the Club have difintely improved over the years with the Moonshine bar being a great asset.The new bathing area at Cape Santa Maria beach is very good also. It is important to hire a car from the office if you are the adventurous type and like to explore all the mysterious little roads or visit beautiful beaches.There are many small restaurants and quirky bars to visit and have some fun. We enjoy the friendliness of the Long Island people and the staff at Stella Maris is no exception.They are wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club,is off the beaten path. On a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas