I stayed here about 20 years ago for a 4-day weekend in the spring. There were only two resorts on the island - the Cape Santa Maria and the Stella Maris at the opposite end. On the days that the Stella Maris people did not visit (what a commotion they made sheeesh...) it felt like we were the last two people on earth. The beach is one of the most stunning I've ever seen, a long white endless crescent, strips of every shade of neon blue stretching to the horizon. The kind of place where you can actually see the green flash at sunset. Rustic caribbean individual bungalow-style rooms, TVs, no phone, wifi didn't exist.... just fresh seafood at mealtime served with a down-home vibe. No airs put on at all. Soooo relaxing. I would love to come back some day but I see the rates have jumped drastically. Oh well, I guess I can say "I was there way back when....."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas