My wife and I stayed at CSM during the last week of November. We had one week of total relaxation. There are no large crowds or noisy pools with water slides here! The bungalows are just a few feet from the waters edge and offer a picture perfect view of one of the finest beaches you can find. What I liked more than the beach was the lagoon behind the resort! I was amazed when I saw it! It's so serene. I took the kayak there countless times during our stay! The best part was that it was close to our room. However, the beach is not the only thing that makes this resort what it is. The staff is by far the best staff we have encountered anywhere. From the front desk to the bar…great people like Breanda, Nadine, Lorna and of course McKellon just to name a few. After a week they became a part of our experience there.
We liked the food at both breakfast and dinner as well as the dining area. Charging for an extra glass of juice though? Everyday we looked forward to our conch fritters and groupers fingers at happy hour..nothing like a goombay smash.
When we booked our bungalow we knew it would be basic accomodations, however, they can benefit from a little attention since they seem dated, mostly the bathrooms. This was not the first resort we have been to without a television, but they really need to work on adding wifi to the bungalows. Many times during our stay, the wifi was down in the main house as well. Since we used wifi as a means of making phone calls, it was very important to us. The resort asks that guests be considerate and share the gazebos on the beach. It would have been nice to use the one right outside our door more often but other guests treated it as personal property dawn to dusk.To alleviate this we used the gazebos further down towards the villas, not a big deal, just an inconvenience. The addition of one more towards the north end would help as there are only two.
Renting a car for a trip to Dean's Blue Hole (a must) and a taste of Max's famous conch salad (see my review) makes for a great day trip. CSM also gives guests a half hour complimentary massage (courtesy of Omar's) which we extended to an hour each..ahhh!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas