When we arrived at the airport, I saw scruffy bushes and sand. To say the least, I was disappointed. After our taxi cab ride with Smithy's (Shervin is the BEST!!!) We suddenly came around the corner to a gorgeous oasis!!!! If you are looking for a TRUE vacation experience.......this is the place to do it! Relaxation, long walks on a perfectly flat, nothing hurting your feet, beach, no phones, no television, no sight seeing or shopping you have to do, and no Wi-Fi except at main building. We have done extensive traveling in the Caribbean, and this was, by far, one of the most gorgeous beaches we have ever experienced. The ocean is just like the pictures in the brochures. The hotel staff greeted us with genuine smiles and a desire to help in any way they could. Our accomodations in a bungalow were perfect with a bed so comforable my husband was looking under the mattress to see what brand it was. To be able to leave our door to the lanai open every night and to be rocked to sleep by the ocean was to die for. We NEVER do all inclusive b/c we like going to local restaurants and changing it up every night, but here you really have no other choice. We had the breakfast/dinner package and WOW! We were never bored with the fare. Anything you could possibly want for breakfast including omlets, eggs benedict etc. Three huge courses for dinner. You can have shrimp cocktail, followed by lobster tail every night if that's how you roll. All I'll say is, "Don't pass up the apple fritters! They're to die for." Of course you also need to go to cocktail hour for those delicious conch fritter and lots of friendly chatter with other guests and attentive bartenders and staff. We wanted for nothing and did just about the same while we were there. Truly, this was like dying and going to heaven. I'd go back in a heartbeat!! You just can't go wrong!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas