We spent 3 nights/4 days at Cape Santa Maria during the last week of January and it was a totally positive experience.
Wow #1 - The Beach.
We have traveled all over the world and this is the prettiest beach we have ever seen. A couple of miles of sparkling white/pink sand, beautiful clear turquoise water and palm trees make for a combination you never get tired of looking at. Great sunsets. Because CSM lies on the Caribbean side of Long Island, it is sheltered from the trade winds that are usually blowing so it is great for sailing or using the kayaks provided by the resort. The water off the beach is like swimming in a giant salt water pool...smooth clean sand on the bottom with no debris. Be advised that adults may have to walk out a ways to get depth for real swimming but is perfect for children.
Wow # 2 - The Rooms
We stayed in one of the beachfront bungalows and it was PERFECT. A lovely taste of the Bahamas with pastel colours, pickled pine ceilings and ceiling fans in every room. No TV, phone or internet [ internet in lobby].Exceptionaly clean and nicely decorated. Bedroom with 2 queen beds [ only a few cottages have Kings], nice sheets, towels etc.. Bathroom with sink and vanity, toilet and tub/shower in adjoining room.Bathroom is not "spa quality" but more than adequate and very clean. If you want more than this, book one of the villas with designer kitchens, soaking tubs, TV, internet etc.. Our favorite feature was a huge screened porch which functioned as an outdoor living room facing the ocean and connected to the bedroom by 2 sets of double louvered doors. Four rattan chairs with comfy cushions, coffee table with overhead light and ceiling fan.....no plastic chairs here! We drank the water straight from the tap and it tasted great and no GI problems either.
The food was not up to "wow" standard but it was fine. The breakfasts were really good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had an in-room massage offered through the hotel and it was one of the best we have ever had and have had many. Ask for Fifi and Cipriana . We rented a car and drove most of the island to get a feel for the area. Very friendly. Almost every car you meet will wave at you, including the Police! Stopped for lunch at Max's Conch Bar..a little tiki hut by the side of the road...and he made fresh conch salad while we watched. We flew from Exuma to Long Island with Marty Fox/Island Wings and would high recommend his service.Very professional 1/2 hour flight in 6 seat plane.Long Island is quiet, neat and tidy and if you are looking for a true island get-away Cape Santa Maria is the perfect place to do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas