Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Lumina Point Resort & Spa(Stocking Island)
  • Breakfast included
St Francis Resort(Stocking Island)
  • Beachfront
Club Peace & Plenty(George Town)
  • Pool
Island Time Villas(George Town)
View Hotel
Exuma Palms Hotel(Great Exuma)
View Hotel
All reviewsmeal planbeautiful beachreef fishingscreened in porchsouthern airconch bardean's blue holerented a carsandy caystella marisconch fritterscolumbus monumentbug spraypaddle boardsbreakfast and dinnerhobie catprivate plane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The atmosphere here is tranquil. The scenery is beautiful. The condos are placed in a way that you dont' really ever see other poeple, although every condo is beachfront. It's peaceful. I had MANY memorable experinces here. For instance, I saw a full rainbow stretching across the entire ocean. It kind of blew my mind. :) Also, I saw countless shooting stars. Coming from Dallas and seeing even thirty stars out is incredible, but at Cape Santa Maria, the night sky is covered in a speckled blanket. It's indescribable that feeling when you see it. I HIGHLY suggest going snorkeling and deep sea fishing. What experiences! A ton of fun.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
BrookCSM, General Manager at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Dear Express_Cheer_S5,

Thank you for your kind review.

We don't want you to leave either! You are exactly right about the night sky, it is amazing. Next time you visit us, you may want to enjoy a private candle lit dinner in one of our beachfront gazebos... an unforgettable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Take care,

Reviewed May 25, 2011

We stayed in a villa with our family. The staff are friendly and interact well. Rashad at the clubhouse bar makes a perfect margarita. Trips out to sea are always informative and fun. Kayaks are provided as well as hobie cats for solo get-aways. The sand exfoliates, the salty sea water washes over you, and the sun warms and heals.

Room Tip: Villas are comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Czarusia
Reviewed May 16, 2011

A gorgeous, quiet white sand beach. Water is so clear and such an incredible blue. The resort has Hobie cats (sail boat) to take out for a ride, kayaks, kids beach toys and floating water mattresses all for no charge.
Optional scuba diving, deep sea fishing, snorkelling and a boat tour to cool spots on the island near the resort.
Great food, awesome staff, cute gift shop with nice clothes/jewelry/local designs.
Yummy selection of cocktails at the bar, best Pina colada of my life! and the Miami Vice is a MUST!

3  Thank Jolajam
Reviewed April 29, 2011

After getting an email from the resort I clicked through to the site and then to Trip Advisor. I am so glad that I did! I had friendly and helpful emails and talks with the reservation person in Canada - I am sure I drove him crazy! He patiently answered all my questions. I agree that it was a TREK to get there but absolutely worth it. We flew from JFK to MIA to GGT and then hired Island Wings. The pilot was not only prompt and professional but warm and welcoming. We would definitely fly with him again - probably from Nassau this time to cut out one flight.
We stayed in a villa and it was HEAVEN ON EARTH! The villa was exactly what I want on a vacation. The photos cannot give this place justice. My husband is a contractor and he said the construction was top of the line, flawless with all the finest extras. The washer dryer in the villa, with laundry soap, allowed us to pack virtually nothing. No stinginess with beach towels here like other resorts with cards and trading one for one. Whatever you need they give you. The two bedrooms were spacious and sunlit. The bathrooms were sparkling clean and roomy. The kitchen is top of the line and the open floor plan with the dining area and living room allow you to enjoy the absolutely stunning view. There is a huge picture window and the view of the sparkling blue beach take your breath away. The screened in porch is perfect. If you want some shade and not to worry about the bugs you can rest here. We enjoyed mornings and evenings here looking at the water and talking or reading. The steps done to the boardwalk at TREX - so smooth and no splinters for little feet (it would be great if the boardwalk and gazebo floors could be trex as well). At the base you are on the boardwalk and on the beach! It is just steps away. The sand is white and never got too hot. The gazebo with chairs made for a perfect day. We were at the beach from dawn until sundown. The water is perfect. We love to swim and spent hours exploring with and without snorkels. The water is clear as a bell and slopes out very gradually with gentle rolling waves. When you are not swimming you can kayak or take long walks along the 4 mile empty beach. The beauty and stillness of it all is immensely relaxing.
We considered all the food options - getting the groceries ordered and stocked in, the modified meal plan or the full meal plan. We did bring some dry goods groceries with us in our suitcases since we hardly had any clothes with us due to the washer. We got the full meal plan in the end and the meals were delicious everytime, and served with a smile. The downside was having to drag yourself away from the heavenly beach for even a moment. The only tough part was that the kids could only have one soft drink per meal - we haven't had that limitation in other full meal plans. I suggest stopping at the grocery store on the way from the airport and buying soft drinks for the room or ordering drinks as part of your grocery order. Next time we will do the grocery order and treat ourselves to a few meals rather than do the meal plan. The kids (ages 9 and 12) borrowed bikes and played with the Wii in the TV room by the front desk. The only thing my son missed from other resorts was a ping pong table but that was a small detail.
The staff was amazing. They were helpful and friendly and seemed genuinely glad that we were visiting.
Overall I give the villas and resort HIGH THUMBS UP? Plan on a travel day down and a travel day back but well, well worth the absolute pleasure of this gem. I am already looking at my calendar - can we squeeze in a visit at Thanksgiving...

Room Tip: 2nd floor of villa is a great view!
4  Thank MDMOMLongIsland_NY
BrookCSM, General Manager at Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Dear MDMOMLongIsland_NY,

Thank you very much for your review. You have detailed a lot of helpful information for our current and future guests. I agree that flying via Georgetown, Exuma is a convenient way of travelling to Cape Santa Maria and it's only a 15 minute flight from Georgetown to Stella Maris Airport, Long Island.

Look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully on Thanksgiving.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Hands down, the best holiday we've ever had.
The Management and Staff at this resort have thought of everything to make your stay absolutely perfect!
You'll want to stay long enough just so that you can try everything on the menu!!! The food is incredible! Great kids menu too! And the service impeccable! Fabulous drinks and snacks at the bar! Take a home-made Pina-Colada to the beach with you!
Everyday the rooms are cleaned to a standard rarely seen by the friendly, efficient housekeeping staff. There is even a mini fridge to keep your beverages cold.
The activities are a plenty from scuba diving, island tours, fishing and snorkeling led by locals who know all the best spots! Rental cars on site and massages under the gazebo on the beach!
But by far the best attraction is the pristine, cool, white sand beach with calm, warm, clear water!
The resort has tons of complimentary toys for the kids and kayaks and hobi cats as well if just sitting and enjoying the magical view isn't for you:)
Regardless of whether you'e been coming to to The Bahamas for years or if this is your first time, you no longer have a place to stay on Long Island, but have friends to stay with at The Cape!

2  Thank JeannieMae

Dear JeanieMae,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are so very happy to hear you enjoyed the food, activities and the staff! Ewa and I enjoyed visiting with you and we're looking forward to seeing you, your husband and your daughter once again.

Go Canucks!