Can't put into words the perfection of the Rockhouse and Harbour Island!! You have to experience this to really grasp it! I think it is always important to know who is writing the review because it makes it easier for interested parties to know if the reviewer has common interests. My husband was turning 40 (I am much younger at 33..haha) and I really wanted the perfect destination with the perfect place~my sister called me the Goldilocks of vacations! This place is magical!! If you like a beautiful destination with the perfect amount of options for going out (restaurants, bars, socializing) without it being like a South Beach this is the place to go! As for the Rockhouse, this was the best stay we have ever had! The accomodations, service, people and ambiance were all true perfection!! We stayed in The Palm and loved the balcony with the loungers for afternoon wine and sunset watching overlooking the bay or when we wanted a little alone time. The bed was like heaven! The pool area is so chic and comfy. From the second you walk into the front gate of this piece of heaven you feel how wonderful and beautiful it is! The food at the Rockhouse was by far the BEST on the island! We did venture out and always ended up back at the RH for dinner! They have some of the best food we have ever had (we like and know good food!). We had everything on the menu. The entrees are absolutely amazing~to die for (best filet we have ever had)! We visited many other hotel bars, restaurants and the service/vibe just isn't there like at the Rockhouse! I am also very conscious of choosing places that are not stuffy which can be hard when you like exceptional service and high end destinations. The Rockhouse is so laid back and everyone there is so personable. You will be treated like a dear friend by all the staff while every detail is attended to at the same time~seems impossible but they all do it! Wallace and Don~ I can't say enough about them! We might miss them more than the island itself or the Rockhouse! You might think twice about staying here since it is not directly on the beach. I was hesitant but decided to go with it anyhow due to the awesome reviews. Trust me, STAY HERE!! You will not miss being on the beach! It is a great short walk~ if you are active I would save your $$ on the golf carts. You really don't need one. We canceled ours when we arrived. Everything is so close. Be sure if you are in the mood for a party while you are visiting go to the Vicum! It was a blast the night of my husband's 40th! You get the best of everything in Harbour Island. You can bring it down and relax, be isolated or ramp the party up and take advantage! I didn't know if it would be too quiet and there would be enough party life for us but once again... it was just right! We are planning another trip back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Bahamas/Harbour Island