Rock House is an amazing boutique hotel that offers 1st class service and amenities. The hotel is in a great location - walking distance from the dock (where people arrive by boat); and a mere 10 minute stroll to the beach. No need for a golf cart, unless you want to enjoy the tradition of the island. I could walk to the shops (Sugar Mill, Dilly Dally and others) and to restaurants (Blu Bungalow, Sip Sip and Queen Conch). The best meal, hands down was dinner at the Rock House. Don spent time explaining each dish and detailing the local and exquisite ingredients. Eric stopped by to ensure everything was to my liking as did the waitstaff. The attention paid to each guest is impressive and quite lovely. Don and Eric, and Flo - all took time to get to know me and to make sure I was enjoying my stay. As a solo traveler, meals alone and stays at small hotels can be daunting at times, but not at Rock House; there it felt like staying with family.
I stayed in the Monkey Room; it was chic and beautifully appointed. There is noise from the bar area and kitchen - but like the others said, it magically disappears at 10pm.
If I could've moved in, I would have. I will definitely be back!
And P.S. the breakfast is perfect. Homemade coconut banana bread, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, and delicious yogurt. The coffee was wonderful and the staff seemed more than happy to accommodate special requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Bahamas/Harbour Island