“Wedding of my dreams...”
Review of Pink Sands Resort

Pink Sands Resort
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Harbour Island
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Wedding of my dreams...”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I got married at Pink Sands Resort May 28, 2011. I can't begin to describe how perfect the day, the resort, and all of the staff there are. Silma Sherman, who is actually the owner of the hotel, helped coordinate the entire day along with Molly Osendorf. Mark Kitchen, the GM was so involved he actually emceed the wedding for us. We spent 5 days at the resort and invited 50 of our closest family and friends to join us. It was beyond magical and went off without a hitch. Pierre (F&B), James (Head Chef), and every member of their staff deserve credit for pulling it off. This will be a day we remember for the rest of our lives.
The rooms at the hotel are vintage, and charming on the outside with all of the amenities and details on the inside that you would expect from the world's best 5 star resorts. Each room is it's own detached unit. While the ocean views are worth every penny, the garden views have the exact same floor plan and amenities as the oceans if you are looking to save some money.
Casual island fare at the blue bar is perfect for a lunch time snack after sunning on the stunning pink sands beach. Dinner is served at Blue Bar and the Garden Terrace restaurant. I can only speak for the dinner at my wedding reception which surpassed any wedding buffet I have ever experienced. The Mahi Mahi recieved rave reviews from all our our guests.
I could go on and on about the resort, but it is something one has to experience for themselves. Thank you to all of the Pink Sands Staff.

Room Tip: Low Season is worth the wait.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I went to Pink Sands for the first time in 2008 with some friends and I liked the island so much I had to go back. This last time we stayed at the Pink again and saw a few changes that I wanted to share.

The Blue Bar has been remodeled and it looks great!. The actual bar was extended towards the beach giving it the perfect view, while sipping on a delicious Rum Punch (their drinks are the best!!!). This time around I made friends with Peter, their bartender.
He is a very funny guy and makes drinks that have healing powers. I had a bad cold and was talking about it over at the bar, he heard me complain and said, give a minute and I'll make you feel better. I have no clue what he put on this drink, I just know it had alcohol, but I gotta say, I was feeling like new by dinner time. :)

Overall, the hotel looked cleaner. They added an entrance on the side that makes it closer to access the rooms, no need to drive through the hotel to get to your cabana.

Their laid back environment, the food, the beach, its people, perfect to relax and enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Last night at the pink sans don't know what to tell you
Yes first the bad reviews are long time ago the staff changed 2 years ago and the hotel has certainly nothing to do with Rhodes reviews
location is perfect actually it sthe best of the island right on the beach nobody around, forget the beach it s just incredibly beautiful
Staff adorable, kind , nice polite
Good food , the blue bar on the beach is the place to be for lunch
Rooms are nice fresh right on the beach for the ocean view
All in all good very good
Still i think it s too expensive, well I chck the other hotel coral sands, don emu they are expensive too, so don't know what to say , it could be better voila
Go out at night landing , rock house, star fish, sip sip, harbor lounge, and walk please , it s so tiny and cute and nice and you meet the locals who are angels...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jmherbet
Fort lauderdale
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Pink Sands resort is amazing. We were looking for a quiet place to relax and unwind and perhaps party it up a bit . This was perfect for us. My husband and kids (21, 17) had never visited this island before. What a great choice. The Pink Sand Beach is beautiful, serene and the sand is really a soft pink. The staff members from the moment we arrived were very attentive and polite. The cottage was incredibly spacious and beautifully done. The beds were so comfortable, with top linens and towels. We dined at the restaurant at Pink Sands for my husband's birthday. The food was amazing. The chocolate cake they baked on the premises was to die for. We loved touring around the island on golf carts. It was so easy to stop at all the cute shopping areas and local food places. I would recommend Queenie's Conch, Valentine's and for a fun night out Gusty's. My family was never bored . One more thing about the Pink Sands, "The Blue Bar". Sitting right on the edge of the resort on the beach is this delightful bar that serves a wonderful continental breakfast each morning and great Pina Colada's (topped off with a shot of Meyer's) all day. A great place to talk, drink and take in the turqoiuse water. This is a place that we are coming back to.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 12, 2010

harbor island has definitely changed in the last few years. the locals have decided that cars are a great status symbol and now the island is full of them. was much nicer when only golf carts were allowed.
as for pink sands hotel-fine. when we paid the $750 room charge we were told that there was an additional 24% charge broken down to 10% for housecleaning, 10% island fee and 4% resort fee???? as if %750 wasnt enough.
service was so so. watch out for the pink sands rep at the airport. he is a serial tip monger!

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2010

We travelled to Harbour Island from Miami with our 3 year old daughter for a last minute getaway. While we had both been to Harbor Island before we had never stayed at the Pink Sands. All of the hype about the hotel and the beach were true. I had read some reviews on here that made me nervous but I realize now that it was probably written by people who were not familiar with travelling in the Bahamas. The room was beautiful and the manager wasn't able to upgrade us but gave us the best room in our category with a glimpse of the ocean out the front door. The food was great, the service was better than you would expect in the Bahamas. Everyone went out of their way to make our daughter feel special and when we had a small problem with our room the manager handled it very professionally. Thank you Pink Sands for a wonderful stay and we look forward to coming back next summer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Grovite107
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2010

We took our 2 teenagers (17 and 19) for 1 week. Had read all the reviews and found most of the negative comments not to be true and most of the positve to be "spot on"! Here are my comments:
The cabanas are gorgeous (we stayed in Bimini, but checked out a few of the others when we noticed the guests were checking out). The beach front cottages are very nice, with great porch and direct access to the beach. Beach sand is unbelievable. Water so clear and there are coral reefs right off the beach so the kids snorkled all the time.
Blue Bar: we ate breakfast and lunch there. Continental Breakfast was not that great (fruit was not very fresh??) but we are not "pastry" kind of eaters. We ordered a hot breakfast from the menu. Food was very good but service is very slow and relaxed. We knew that going in to it, so did not let it get us all in a tizzy! The pool is not located any where near the beach (it's behind the exercise cabana) so we never went - it's pretty, but with no view of the ocean or ocean breeze, we chose to just stay at the beach. The beach staff was very nice and set up our chairs and brought bucket of ice with water every morning. They do not really come around asking if you want anything to drink, so you need to go to them if you want something later. They are very nice and brought right to us. We did not eat dinner at the Pink Sands. We went to The Landing , the Rock House and Aquapazza. All very good (the rock is REALLY expensive). Our favorite food and atmosphere was Aquapazza. They even cooked up the tuna my husband and son caught (excellent meal!!). The bone fishing was excellent as was the deep sea fishing. The golf carts are your transportation and we found our way around quickly. They have a decent (but very small) grocery and liquor store. and the shops are open only a few hours a day (not much shopping but cute t-shirts, etc). Overall we had a fanstastic trip. If you are looking for lots of night time activity - go somewhere lelse . Harbour Island was perfect for reading books, snorkleing and fishing.......... we will be back!!!!! Pink Sands was perfect

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town
Tingum Village Hotel
Tingum Village Hotel
#1 of 4 in Harbour Island

Been to Pink Sands Resort? Share your experiences!