“Relaxing, Beautiful”
Review of Coral Sands Hotel

Coral Sands Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Harbour Island
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I spent six blissful days at the Coral Sands Hotel in May. When we were greeted with a warm welcome and a glass of champagne in the relaxed elegance of the lobby, I knew we were in for a treat.

The service, the food, the facilities, and the rooms were exceptional. The staff was warm and friendly—they took the time and effort to know our names. The main lobby and bar area of the hotel was welcoming and comfortable. We ate breakfast every morning on the terrace at their Terrace Restaurant—between the view, the food, and the service, we could not have asked for a more relaxing way to start the day. And it was a lovely place to dine in the evening. The food was fantastic and our meals were memorable. It was hard to find a reason to venture out!

Our cottage was beautifully furnished and every detail was considered—down to fresh flowers. It was perfectly appointed and very comfortable. Being able to walk right out onto the most beautiful beach was a dream.

The Coral Sands took care of everything we needed and gave us a truly relaxing, memorable getaway. In short, we loved everything about our stay here. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently came back from a 5 day 4 night stay at The Coral Sands in Harbour Island in the Bahamas. I must stay that the beach is OUT OF THIS WORLD! You would be hard pressed to find another pink sand, perfect beach like the one at Coral Sands.
The hotel is very nice, we stayed in an ocean front one bedroom suite, with beautiful views of the beach.
The room was fine, but certainly not the typical 5 star 4 star level that one would expect from paying a lofty amount. However, for Harbour Island this is pretty much as good as it gets as far as accommodations are concerned.
The food and service were really terrific, absolutely no complaints there! We really liked the wait staff, friendly, and very accommodating, truly a greta experience.

My husband and I are definitely planning our return. With our 10 year old daughter next time!

It for sure a family friendly hotel as well as a couples retreat. Very nice and relaxing vibe.

The island could not have been more beautiful and the welcoming. In my opinion it is probably the nicest and friendliest of all the islands in the Bahamas.

A must visit if you love the beach!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean front or ocean view room. If you are a large family you may want to consider one o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vbchambers
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This island north of Eluethra is a hidden gem. The hotel has 5* service and the staff/owners take pride in their resort. The food is delicious, top notch. The beach has nice palapas on the sand with great towel & food service.

The setting is lovely for a romantic getaway & hideaway from it all!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I returned yesterday from Briland; we stayed at the Coral Sands Hotel, a hotel I remember from my childhood when I lived in the islands. Of course much has changed, but the Coral Sands of today is an elegant island retreat, with lovely comfortable rooms furnished in tropical colonial style, and a mixture of antique and modern pieces. We loved the low-key informal atmosphere; no pretentiousness here, which is sometimes an unfortunate artifact of boutique hotels. After two weeks we felt like Coral Sands family members, albeit very spoiled family members! The location is, of course, glorious. We have been to beautiful beaches all over the world, from southern India to Vietnam to Hawaii, but Harbour Island's famous and unique pink sand beach is by far the loveliest. It's breathtaking!

Under Pam's very capable and detail-oriented management, the hotel retains a mellow, tranquil atmosphere, with excellent, attentive (but not smothering or hovering) service from the staff. James, the food services supervisor, was kind and gracious in allowing me to substitute certain food items for my continental breakfast in order to accommodate my gluten-free condition. Theresa, Thelma, Marilyn, and especially John, made every meal we ate at Coral Sands a pleasure, with great service and warm welcomes. There is a cozy and relaxing bar and lobby area, a lovely beach bar which serves an especially notable lunch menu (we loved the Greek salad and the grouper sandwich plate), and they make a mean and delicious Goombay Smash --- it's aptly named, so drink slowly!

This is my second time back to Briland as an adult, and I will definitely stay at Coral Sands when I return. Can't wait for next year!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms on the second floor of the Caribe building have an unparalleled view, private balco...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to Harbour Island for my third time this May. It is HEAVEN. It has changed since I went in 2005. I feel like it has become even more of a foodie paradise. The restaurants were all great. I stayed at the Coral Sands this trip. I thought the service all over the island was better than I remember it. The beaches are the MOST beautiful beaches I have ever seen in the world and I have been to a lot of beaches. The Coral Sands is a beautiful property. From the moment you arrive, they greet you with a glass of champagne. I couldn't take enough pictures. This is a great place to go with a friend, a lover or your family with kids. It isn't a busy place. You will feel like you have found a secret that no one else knows about. I would suggest to rent a golf cart and go exploring. There isn't much trouble to get in and just fun restaurants, bars and beautiful sunsets. The staff at the Coral Sands was great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jooody
Reviewed July 9, 2012

we travel to Harbour Island every year and we make it a point to stop at the Coral Sands for dinner , it is a beautful location and has excellent food and service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelthroughmyeyes
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is a great boutique style hotel in a fantastic location. The food in the restaurant is very good, with a French touch.

• Stayed: June 2012
8 mi away
The Cove Eleuthera
The Cove Eleuthera
#1 of 1 in Gregory Town

Been to Coral Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!