We had pre-arranged to have a golf cart waiting for us at the ferry dock but it wasn't there so they sent a fellow to pick us up. When we arrived at the compound we were brought in the back door through a disgustingly dirty office that was piled with clutter, so much for first impressions. The pictures on the internet are NOT the rooms you will get. They are from a "showcase", just off the lobby, of how the rooms will look once they renovate and according to another local innkeeper they have been doing this bait and switch for the last 5 years. High speed internet is only available in the lobby. Although the room was clean, there was a slight sewer smell present and the bathroom was in dire need of remodeling as it had an old stained tub and sink. I could barely see myself in the bathroom what with the poor lighting and the chipped frosty mirror. We had torrential rain while there and the the floor, not the ceiling, leaked leaving big puddles of water in two spots. After seeing the office, there was no way that I was going to eat in their restaurant. I definitely will never stay here again. I recommend that you spend the extra $100/ night and stay at the Rock House. This is hands down a far superior place to stay. They have paid attention to every detail right down to the high thread count sheets and it truly is a wonderful little boutique hotel not like the Romora pretends to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romora Bay Resort and Marina blends timeless Bahamian ambience, international service standards, and Harbour Island’s own rich architecture to create a resort and marina destination unlike any other in the Bahamas. Discover an all-encompassing resort and marina with 14 unique, boutique style rooms, a spacious marina with over 40 slips catering to vessels up to 160 feet, and two of Harbour Island’s best restaurants featuring seasonal menus with the best home-made pasta, meat, fish and fresh produce by Chef Paolo Di Chiara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Romora Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romora Bay Club Hotel Harbour Island
- Romora Bay Hotel
- Romora Bay Harbor Island
- Romora Bay Resort & Marina Bahamas/Harbour Island