“Fantastic, as always!”

Rock House
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Like its name, the Rock House is one of the bed-rock establishments on Harbor Island, figuratively and literally-it is built on top of, and into, a limestone cliff on the edge of the harbor. We love this place - the food, the location overlooking the harbor, the ambience, the people, the décor, the service.
Wallace, the owner and manager, is a true southern gentleman and it shows in the operation of his establishment. We have some mutual acquaintances because of his former life in the area around Birmingham, AL, and we enjoy visiting with him and his establishment.
If you have dinner here on Bahamas Independence Day, July 10th, you can watch the beautiful sunset over the water, and then enjoy the fireworks over the harbor! A truly unique dining experience, and one you can't get in many places.
Our dinner was excellent as always. The West Indies style crab salad was pure shredded crab with some spices and a vinaigrette dressing- an unbelievable dish! The carpaccio of beets was unusual and really good-I had to taste even though I don't like beets. The lobster tail with sweet potato puree and the herb crusted grouper were both outstanding in flavor and presentation, as well as fresh. If you can handle desert, the honeycomb swirl is wonderful with fresh coffee!
A great dining experience again, and one we will repeat again, probably more than just once. IF the Rock House was on the Atlantic beach side of the island, we would stay here, as well as eat here.
(If you are on Harbor Island, and want another truly great dining experience - check out Runaway Hill on the Atlantic coast side of the island, but they close for the season July 26th.)

1  Thank joe s

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Food is to Die For !! A Little Pricey but Well Worth It !! The Private Cabanas are Awesome !! The Fresh Conch Was Great, the Staff were Spot on !!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Rock House two nights in a row. Dinner the first night was so good, I had to come back again. Don Purdy and his staff, Wanda, Kava, Asalyn, G Man, and Eric were so gracious and welcoming to me. The first night I did not have a reservation, but was seated immediately. The Cider-Brined Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Onion Straws and Apple Relish was without a doubt the best I've ever tasted. The Ice Cream Turtle Pie was to die for (I had it two nights in a row). Second night, I had the Thai Stone Crab & Lobster Spring Rolls with Marscarpone Cheese, chopped Herbs and Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce, and the Roasted Bahamian Lobster with Sweet Potato Puree and Bok Choy... simply dee-lish! Don was so kind, and what a surprise that he remembered I mentioned it was my birthday! My Ice Cream Turtle Pie came out with a sparkler and the staff singing "Happy Birthday". So nice! Will I be back? Absolutely, again and again!!! Btw, the orchid garnish is such a nice touch.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is magical! The perfect people watching, trendy restaurant with amazing service and great food! The hotel looks amazing from the restaurant with a beautiful pool and great bar area! We had a great time here!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Rock House is beautiful and where I fell in love. I love the panoramic views and quaint little pool. The hotel is very romantic and the bar and ambiance is incredible. The place is loaded with history and culture.