“SUNSET VIEWS AND FANTASTIC FOOD”
Review of Rock House

Rock House
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York
“SUNSET VIEWS AND FANTASTIC FOOD”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Couldn't get over how good the food was on this little island and particularly at this restaurant. A must if you go to Harbour Island. Don't miss it.

Visited July 2013

Oxford UK
“Wouldn't rush back to this pretentious place! Overpriced!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was in Harbour Island last year but not at this hotel so cannot comment on the stay. However we ate there a couple of times ( 1 x under duress) with a large group of people.
Every meal is between $30 and $40.00 + so if you are looking for a cheep night out, then don't bother.
The food came really late so I was famished by the time it arrived. I had the lamb or was it beef.?
Halfway through eating, it was still quite raw in the middle. I complained to the waitress. She offered to take it away and have it re heated (probably in the microwave). As I had eaten half of it, I said dont worry maybe you could do something with the bill?
She went back to ask the management and came back with a resounding no. I then asked her if I could speak to the Chef and was told that he had gone home!

Denver Colorado
“Rock House is unique and stands out...”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate at the Rock House twice while we were on Harbour Island. For starters, we had a glass of (cool, crisp, with a hint of sweet) Riesling. Like all the Harbour Island restaurants, each meal commenced with a basket of bread. My family fought over the cheesy rolls, while I preferred the multi-grain rolls. They all were delicious. The starter course at The Rock House, in my opinion, earns them a shiny gold star. Thin slices of yellow and red beets are formed into a flower-- the citrus dressing is perfect. The lobster spring rolls, that my (college) children split, disappeared before I even knew they had arrived. They yearned for more. All the starter items that we tried were delicious. Main course selections were a little more sparse for us to choose from as we do not eat red meat. That said, the pesto dish was very good, as was the shrimp and capellini. We thought the Chilean Sea Bass was too sweet for our liking. It was good, but not excellent. The toffee bar ice cream concoction recommended by our waiter the first night we visited, was delicious, and quickly vanished.

The Rock House is pricey, but if you know that going in then you can just enjoy. The terrace porch sits atop a retaining wall of earth and tree roots. Quite stunning.

Visited July 2013
“fabulous!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We loved everything! The location and the service and the food was perfect! It is in one of the top 10 eating establihments we have ever enjoyed.

Visited June 2013
Rural SC
“Expensive dinner, but that's Harbour Island...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at Rock House. We had a corner window
table and a gorgeous sunset view over the harbor. Friendly and efficient service.
The food was well prepared, tasty and the portion sizes were quite large. I had the
spinach salad- which was probably the best one I have ever been served, and then
the calamari salad which was very good. My husband had the gazpacho and then the
house fish special of the night which was "hog fish" (kind of like grouper) in a mild
curry over jasmine rice, and he said it was excellent. We split a bottle of fizzy water
and a bottle of Santa Margherita pinot grigio, Too full for dessert! The bill was about $200.

• Visited June 2013