“Great buffet lunch”

Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Bathsheba
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Dining at the Atlantis Restaurant has become a favourite tradition with scores of locals and visitors to Barbados, especially on Wednesdays and Sundays for our famous buffets. If you are thinking of hosting a function at the Atlantis, this is not a problem as up to 200 persons can be accommodated for. Opened daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner with the exceptions of Sunday nights, you can be rest-assured that the Atlantis Hotel is certainly the ideal place for that special occasion. Whether it is a birthday, wedding, family reunion or business meeting, the Atlantis Hotel & Restaurant will prove itself to be the place to be while you are here in Barbados. Do note that reservations are recommended, especially on Wednesdays and Sundays for our famous buffets.
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Good food indeed, wonderful views, great atmosphere. International and banana. Terrible roads to get there, but well worth the effort to do so.

1  Thank AC19000
AtlantisBarbadosWI, General Manager at Atlantis Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on our wonderful restaurant. Your comments are truly appreciated by all our staff and I have passed your comments onto our team here. Please return and visit us soon for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Visited the restaurant yesterday with a friend and I had the Pumpkin Fritters with Mango Chutney to start and for the main I had the Green Pea and Mascarpone Prawn Risotto with vanilla infused Olive Oil,which was absolutely amazing!!!!.....Served straight from Head Chef Mark’s hand. He did an excellent job and he came out to our table after we requested to congratulate the chef for an excellent meal. Service and the bar staff were really nice as well...Keep up the good work!

2  Thank Katrina S

Reviewed November 13, 2017

What a beautiful sunday morning on the east. This is the second best thing to do on sunday if you opte not to go to church. Met up with my firend Nicola for a quiet celebrating of her upcoming birthday and of course to check out this highly FB publicised breakfast at Atlantis. Breakfast was great but the view of the eaterncoastline rightup to st lucy and of course the cool breezes that could make you fall asleep right there in the restaurant. The staff was very pleasant ,( mentioning our wiater Diego here!!!!!!!!!!). Dont forget to fit in a stroll on the beach/pathway below to check out this renovated property. Very chic hotel, quiet and charming. The area has a bit of histry as the old trainline use to runvery close to the hotel. The evidence is in the photos on the walls of the restaurant. The little walk reminded me of those sunday evenings my family and I would walk as far at the hotel from the play park. a bit overgown with bushes now and I can no longer see the old iron stakes of the old trainline but nevertheless, i truly enjoyed my sunday morning and of course the surprise bday mini cake that my friend enjoyed..

I will be back!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Marsha A

Reviewed November 10, 2017

We stopped in here for lunch after visiting Hayes Garden and Bathsheba. A must go to. Our lunch was delicious, the staff very friendly and the views from our table were beautiful. It is a little expensive so bring your wallet. Overall we enjoyed our meal .

2  Thank _pseddy01

Reviewed November 9, 2017

We took a private taxi tour of the island and reached this place at lunch time. It was quite crowded but we got a table towards the back. The service was slow, probably due to the place being almost full. The food was expensive and the portions small. taste just about average. The waitress asked us for a tip at the end because she said the service charge did not include anything for her! I am not sure what the policy is but apparently this is a huge issue at many places in Barbados. So we added another 10% to the bill which then made it a very expensive meal for the amount of food and the overall service and experience.

I think restaurants MUST clearly spell out on the menu that the 'service charge' does not include a gratuity for the wait staff. I don't know if it is customary to tip in Barbados or not, we could not get a clear answer on this from anybody.

There are many countries where tipping in restaurants is not the norm and is not expected and then there are places like the US where 20% has become the new standard.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on our wonderful restaurant. We are disappointed to read that you found the restaurant to be expensive, portions small and taste average. We have fully investigated the claim regarding gratuity with your waitress and just for clarity, I will explain our policy.

There is a 10% service charge on all restaurant bills which is split between all staff, including the chefs and porters. Some guests opt to leave an additional tip which is NOT mandatory, and purely optional in our pooled tip jar. These funds are split between the waitstaff only at the end of any particular shift.

Please return and visit us soon for breakfast, lunch or dinner.