Sea-u guest house is in my opinion the best place to stay on the east coast. its not commercialised at all, its also probably the best value for money in terms of accommodation and they also provide a 3 course dinner for 30 USD which compared to everywhere else on the island is very reasonable.
The staff are super friendly and extremely helpful, one staff member Stacey even came to collect us after hours 45 minuets away from the guest house as we were lost-THANK YOU STACEY!
Sea cat makes a fuss of you on arrival with a coconut drink cut fresh from the tree as a welcome gift.
The only thing I can fault with sea-u is that if you choose to have dinner with them you have to sit with everyone else staying there, he tables around you are empty so not sure why you cant have a private meal (it would be nice to have the option).
other than that all very good service and lovely clean rooms.
RECOMEND GETTING A SAT NAV FOR THIS AREA!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba