All reviewsguest houseother guestshonesty barthe east coastget awaya lovely stayopen airair conditioningexplore the islandceiling fansoup bowlanimal flower cavesound of the wavesatlantis hotelbreakfast and dinnerthe atlantic oceanself catering
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I booked a week stay at the Sea U. We arrived very late Friday night and we were hot and tired. When we got to our room we soon found out there was no air conditioning, no television, and it was very humid to say the least. The lighting was very poor and our room was just seemed dark and dingy. The next morning we went to breakfast and we were not impressed at all. I never dreamed that in the year 2012 a resort Inn would not have air conditioning. The island is beautiful but it is very hot and humid. I was ready to book the next flight home. My husband went and did a little exploring and found another hotel that was much more acceptable. While we did not expect to get our deposit back we did not think the hotel would charge us for a full week. They did and we are currently in the process of challenging these charges with our credit card company. Just know what you are NOT getting here. NO A/C, no pool, no television, no screens on the windows. I'm okay with rustic, but I do not want to "rough" it when I"m going on vacation.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool, fitness center, air conditioning, or television.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Molly F
UschiW, Owner at ECO Lifestyle & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

It is great to know that you enjoyed the island and all that it has to offer.

If you look at our website which you used to make your booking each room type has its own description, the rooms in the cottage have A/C. In the morning after arrival we offered you an n A/C room which you refused. We never advertise ourselves as a resort Inn with the amenities you were looking for. Our website is clear and precise about what we offer and what not.

Our cancellation/early check-out policy is very clear on the website and you agreed with our policy when you made the reservation online.
Uschi Wetzels (Owner)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went to Sea-u guesthouse when my wife expected our daughter and had a wonderful week. The views were magnificent, the surf spectacular and there were no remarks to make on the guesthouse.
Far away from the bigger hotels in a quiet area, a real interesting address.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a summer vacationer, the Sea-U is #1. We arrived and was informed that we were the only guest there for that day and night. There was still a full staff helping you have a great stay and we did. A really nice breakfast was waiting for you. The rooms I would call Shabby Chique if you are an E-Bay buyer. Well appointed room. The Sea-U is part of a quaint village called Bathsheba with very friendly people. If you want peace and quiet, go to the Sea-U.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is better for the view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

This guest house is a gem! We stayed in a 2 room apt upstairs in the main house and enjoyed every minute of it. The view and location is superb overlooking the atlantic ocean with a nice sea breeze. Staff are super friendly, warm and helpful and meals were good. Dining was communal, but if youre after something more private they will give you separate seating. Bathsheba is really quiet and peaceful, and for some perhaps a little to remote (especially out of season). A drawback is that you cant swim in the ocean here. But if you have a car this really isnt a problem as you can drive "anywhere" on the island in about an hour. For those who prefer public transport there are buses going to i.e Speightstown and Bridgetown which would probably require more time . I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a peaceful retreat!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Sista2010
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Sea-U was a great place to stay. It was quiet, pretty and right near the coast line. The cottage room was delightful and the food excellent. I was not used to the heat and humidity so the lack of air conditioning was a bit of a problem but still it cooled off at night enough so that i could sleep well. The internet service was very fast and dependable, and Sea-U is right near the bus stop with easy access to Bridgetown. I am definitely going to return.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo