We took this place to our hearts. The rooms are really nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean. We stayed in Owners Suite 2 for 5 nights, which was superb and spent our last night here in one of the lovely cosy cottage rooms. Both rooms had kitchen facilities which is very useful if you are on a budget, as Barbados is pretty expensive. Breakfast was a plentiful buffet style and taken in an attractive open covered gazebo. If you like sharing breakfast with other guests there is a communal table, but for those who prefer to keep themselves to themselves there are also plenty of smaller tables. We met some fantastic people over the banana bread, eggs, juice and pineapple - Brits, Americans, Canadians, Germans, Swiss and Brazilians.
There is no pool at the guest house, but a really nice garden with loungers and hammocks to relax in if you don't want to venture far.
Being on the east coast it can be a bit windy at night and the tides around Bathsheba can be dangerous, so be aware of that before booking. Bathsheba is small and as such there are limited nightlife options. The Sea-U does offer a communal dinner for a great price and this can be recommended as a nice low hassle option. Seacat often dishes out sundowner coconut drinks which is fun.
To explore the island you really need a car if you are staying at the Sea-U. Arranging this was very easy though through reception. You need to arm yourself with a good internal sense of direction though (esp. at night if you plan to dine or party elsewhere) as the roads are not well signposted on the island. You either find this part of the fun or it will bug you. A week in we were knew which markers to look out for to navigate the roads easily.
Overall, this is a great spot if you want a less glitzy Bajan experience than the west coast offers without compromising on standards of cleanliness, comfort and esp. if you really value hosts that are genuine, warm and strike a perfect balance between helpful and unobtrusive. Top marks for everyone that works at the Sea-U - they made our holiday outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast. Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor. With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life. The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 10 rooms and apartments are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-U's welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information. The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green Globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup Bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba