Loch Ness Lodge
$151
Loch Ness Lodge Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
$106
  • Breakfast included
$286
$268
$135
Priory Hotel(Beauly)
$118
$111
Glenurquhart House Hotel(Balnain)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
$236
$189
$146
$101
PremierInn.com
Drumnadrochit Hotel(Drumnadrochit)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsloch nessdrawing roomhot tub and saunaour honeymoonhighland breakfastdecanter of sherryspa facilitiestwo nightswonderful stayhuge bedgreat glen waylovely roombreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurtscotthost
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stumbled acros the adoreable Loch Ness Lodge when browsing the travel for Sctoland website. As soon as I accessed the hotels website it was just plain sailing from there! My partner and I deceided to book one of the cottages rather than the hotel purely because I love to cook (even when I'm on holiday!) I had a few problems with my booking initially as I had a business meeting to attend to at the last minute which meant a bit of re-jigging. Iona at the lodge was so helpful with this and sorted everything out for me instantly and before I knew it I had another conformation through my door.

On arrival Scott greeted us in our cottage and showed us around. There were tourist guides , board games, an array of books and a jacuzzi that was perfect after a long day walking around the highlands! Scott made it perfectly clear that if we needed any help with anything to just give him or Iona a call and they would be happy to help. The cottage was immaculate and finished to a high standard with Molton Brown products in the bathroom just to top it off. It was the epitome of comfort and cosiness and the views were stunning. The fire in the lounge was perfect to sit in front of in the evenings and warm up by and the steam room provided that extra bit of luxury to our stay. The kitchen was equipped with all the untensils you need as well as a washing machine and tumble dryer that came in very handy.

The cottage was perfect for my partner and I, a little home from home. There is a wealth of things to do in and around Inverness and we would highly reccomend visiting the Rothiemurchus estate if you want to have an active and fun day. We did the quad bike trekking and it was just fantastic!

If you are looking for relaxation, comfort, cosiness, homliness, helpfulness and any other adjective that leads to the word 'brilliance' then this is most certainly the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fuddy123
Reviewed November 20, 2008

My son booked the Loch Ness Lodge for his wedding stay for 4 days. The bride and groom's family stayed there also and there was a total of 9 people. This hotel is the most fantastic place to stay. Nothing was spared decorating this hotel and landscaping the property and no detail overlooked either. There are 7 bedrooms, all decorated differently and so tastefully, 2 sitting rooms, a dining room, a jacuzzi room and a huge entry foyer. The artwork was phenomenal too. Made to order breakfast every day and we had the wedding dinner here also and it was just fantastic. Fresh flowers everywhere and I am not talking the garden variety zinnas either. Magnificent white lilies and anthuriums all around...fireplaces x 2 going and candles at nite.
Towel warming racks in the bathrooms and that was such a treat. The hotel faces Loch Ness and it is just a gorgeous view with the mountains on the other side of the Loch to greet you everytime you looked out a window. Perfect setting for this hotel.
The owner, Scott, is assisted by his sister, Iona, and you could not ask for more attentive people. They are extremely efficient, very friendly and quietly do the job of making everyone very comfortable there. Scott is a wealth of knowledge about things to do in the area. We had our wedding at Urquhart Castle a couple of miles down the road but the Lodge has had a good number of wedding ceremonies right there at the hotel and you couldn't ask for a more perfect venue for a wedding. They really go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure your stay is the most perfect one ever. This was our second trip to Scotland and we have stayed at some other very nice places but the Loch Ness Lodge far exceeds all the others. It is really the most perfect place I have ever stayed and we all greatly appreciated their attentiveness without being intrusive and the magnificent
beauty of the hotel. This is a must see and a must do. Enjoy!
The Baker Family

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank The Beach Lover
Reviewed August 30, 2008

I found the hotel by searching, we had wanted to stay 4 nights at another hotel close by but they did not have availability, so we stayed there two nights and at Loch Ness Lodge for 2 nights. We treated ourselves as it was an anniversary and it was well worth it.

Although hard to find, because the address is just the Lodge and another hotel called the Clansman, you can't miss that. We drove past twice before we spotted the discrete sign. The hotel is small, only 7 rooms, but perfectly formed. It is beautiful, no expense has been spared on the furnishings and finnishes and it shows; it even smells wonderful when you walk in. The decor is tasteful, lavish and very comfortable, the bed, pillows and duvet were sumptuous. On a negative note, our room could have done with a second chair, one person had to sit on the bed to watch TV; and there was room for another chair.

The owners are a brother and sister; we briefly met the sister but it was Stuart who 'served' us at breakfast and dinner, assisted by Martin. Both are very friendly.

This is a gorgeous place and the views are spectacular, but there was something missing - atmosphere I suppose you might call it. However I don't really think that was down to the place or the staff; it was the other guests. I said a friendly hello to other people in the 'snug' or lounge but was greeted with stony silence by some and a frightend (please don't speak to me look!) This is a small and intimate hotel - it's more like staying at someone's house than being in a hotel, so I think guests should be prepared to acknowledge each other. I'm not suggesting you have to become bossom buddies and exchange addresses when you leave but exchanging a few pleasantrties with your fellow guests will make a difference I think. You can't be annonymous here, it makes the place feel cold when no one speaks to each other.

The food was divine and well worth the £45 per head. We only ate there one night (our anniversary) to make it special. The second night we went down to the Clansman (pretty good).

Loved the place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gajeckyj
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Very warm welcome by Iona and Scott, who are the Hosts at the lodge. They are great people and it was the best welcome greeting I've ever had in my life! During my stay at the lodge, I received a first class service together with a great breakfast! The rooms are excellent (you get what you pay for!!!) It is a very exclusive private lodge aimed at very wealthy and high net worth individuals, thus the price tag. But man it has been a great place to live in and the view is breathless!!!! The lodge offers the best view compared to any other hotels in the region. (Not many). Now I want to earn more money to be able to spend more time there!!! The rooms were cleaned twice daily, (looks like it) and the peaceful and quiet surroundings around the lodge is just heaven.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Fantastic hosts, superb food and a picture postcard location.

5* does not do the lodge justice, it is a hidden paradise that has to be experienced to be believed.

If you are travelling to Inverness you will never forgive yourself if you do not stay here!

We loved it so much we are planning our next visit

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)