“Keep on driving/sailing past”

Great Glen Water Park
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stopped off here on our boating trip down the lochs. The place was listed on the boating map as a suitable moaning location with plenty of activities. Now I might be being rather unfair as it was May and conceivably out of season and we were effectively visitors and not paying guests but we were most definitely not made to feel welcome when we arrived and upon enquiring about facilities were told that they had a pool but that was shut for the evening (5:00pm).

The entire place looked drab and lacked any sign of life let alone fun.

Best attribute: the views, but that's a coincidence!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Simon_and_Anna-Marie

Reviewed April 18, 2013

theres been a lot of changes since last time i visted, i go up to the park each year or so and the main difference was the resteraunt and bar, the staff are more friendly the food is reasonable and lovely mind you, better than before, just an enjoyable evening and there is a quiz on weekly which kept me entertained!!. another thing is all the staff are friendly and will help out to there best ability, i dont no why there is so many bad reviews

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank joe s
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were staying at the Great Glen hostel and wanted to go to the Eagle Barge for dinner - unfortunately it was closed.The only other option is the water park....the people very kindly collected us and took us home by car at no charge.
The staff were very friendly but the restaurant and bar is very dated and needs an overhaul. Despite the look of the restaurant the food was surprisingly good. I had scampi, chips and salad which is very standard pub grub but it was cooked well and tasted fresh. My husband had the roast of the day which he also enjoyed.

1  Thank thegoodnamesaregone
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The only positive reason for staying will be the lake side view but apart from this everything else in this holiday park was negative. If you are looking for activities within the holiday park there is not much. The swimming pool is smaller than our living room and its open only during the day. Its an oldish cottage and the electric shower wasn't working and we were advised to have a shower at the swimming pool. the restaurant staff were friendly but the food was bit over priced and the quality wasn't great. also remember that you pay extra for the electricity that you have used; we paid £22 for 3 night stay and its mainly for the electric heating that we used.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank naveenprabhakaran
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have two young children and were really looking forward to the holiday we thought we had a great deal at £250 for the week but we were overcharged. We stayed at the second site which is a few miles away from the reception. The setting is nice but that didn't make up for the terrible accomodation. I wouldn't say our expectations were high as we have previously stayed in caravans. The furniture was really old and worn and so was the bedlinen, I could put up with that however the place really smelled of damp, the drawers and cupboards were dirty, I cleaned them myself & the shower curtain & toilet were filthy. The heating is not sufficient to heat the property and I was glad that I took extra towels as they just didn't dry out, also clothes hanging in the wardrobe seemed damp. I wish we had asked for a refund and complained but we had been travelling all day with two young children and didn't get to the cabin until after 4pm, I cried with joy when my husband suggested we come home a day early. I would definately never stay here again, no home comforts and I just felt uncomfortable the whole time I was there. The photos other people have put on don't show how bad this accomodation is, I think some of the cabins have been refurbished but ours hadn't been. The childrens playpark at the main site was terrible could do with being upgraded. The staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful but the food was low quality and expensive for what it was.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Gail T
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Lots for all the family to do. Swimming, water walker, body zorbes, play park and lots of cycle paths. Comfortable clean lodges. Friendly staff. Nice little restaurant and bar. Hope to go back again.Recommending to all my friends.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank 603mathers
Reviewed March 23, 2013

just spent 4 days at the park ,cant praise the staff highly enough a warm and friendly welcome on arrival at reception allocated room 20 which had the heating on ,on arrival as it was a cold day ,i was a bit worried about the bad reviews but they were totally unfounded the lodge was spotlessly clean ,the electric charges were only £17 for 4 days the pool was free as well ,it has a nice ,friendly atmosphere at the lodges ,june the manager could not have been more charming ,a very nice lady ,so i would recommend this holiday to all my friends and anyone else ,please have no fears about the bad reviews some people write ,take no notice of them some people you just cant please ,this is a well run holiday park

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank andy625

Been to Great Glen Water Park? Share your experiences!