“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Riposto B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Fantastic room, great hospitality and an excellent customer service. The breakfast was very good, including home baked cakes, and the room was even better. We loved our stay in Riposto: Stephania and her family couldn’t do any more for you. It isn’t touristy in any way: the resort has a quaint charm and is totally Sicily. The train station is a 10 min walk and takes you to Catania or Taormina (in 15 min), which is a lovely town nearby.

We cannot rate this place highly enough for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 353lewis

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a really excellent place to stay to explore Eastern Sicily. We really enjoyed our 6 day stay. Stefania is the most wonderful host and she could not do enough to make sure our stay and experience was great. Stefania piicked us up from the station, which was really appreciated as we had travelled overnight from Naples. She also sorted out our Etna trip for us, which was brilliant. She also gave us access to her bikes so we could get the beach a litttle quicker! Stefania seems so well connected is Riposto that she has negotiated many discounts with local restaurants etc that we could take advantage of.

The B&B itself was great. The room was spacious. The bathroom was a little tight but that wasn't a problem for us. Breakfast always came fresh from the local bakery.

The little "quirk" of the B&B is the local Church bells which ring every 15 minutes! We thought initially this would be a problem and keep us awake. However we soon got used to it and was not a problem at all, in fact when we moved on to another hotel, I almost missed them!!! The bells don't rind between 11.30pm - 7am (I think but I was sleeping then!!!).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed two nights at I Mastrazzi in April 2012. We found the property very easily and parked right outside. We received a wonderful welcome from Stefania. Our room was cool, clean, quiet and well appointed. Breakfast was very good - Stefania brought in her freshly baked cake. We were allowed to use her computer (and vacuum cleaner and hose pipe to wash our hire car). What more can you ask? We thoroughly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mastrazzi-Mare-Etna, Proprietario at B&B I Mastrazzi, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thanks so much. It 's been a real pleasure for me, next time you can even wash my car if you want ... I joke. Thank you for choosing my B & B. Stefania
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This B&B is clean and comfortable and in a quiet little town "decorated" by ash from Etna! The owners are more than helpful with anything you need from arranging Etna tours to allowing use of their computer to download pictures. The kitchen was available at any time and we felt like "family" after meeting Alex and Georgia and of course, Stefania! They have a quaint little courtyard where we enjoyed a bottle of wine and relaxed. We stayed 2 nights and found Riposto to be a quiet but friendly little village right on the harbor. Our only suggestion would be to update the towels, as they have seen better days!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mastrazzi-Mare-Etna, Proprietario at B&B I Mastrazzi, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thanks for the advice, I definitely hear, the guests of the operator can better understand what is good and what needs to change.
I use your review to thank everyone for their appreciation and for the advice. You are a great help for us and for future travelers.
Stefania
Chisinau
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We have stayed only two nights at I Mastrazzi, but we have enjoyed it a lot. The Owner is really nice and helpful, providing information (in English) about the activities and tours one could engage in in the area. The rooms are really very comfortable and pleasant to stay in, they are decorated with taste and very clean. I strongly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
leeds
Reviewed October 16, 2011

excellent, delightful accomodation facing a pedestrian square next to the harbour. Very helpful, nothing too much trouble. They even drove 20 kilometres to collect us because we got lost!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2011

During a recent tour of Italy, we decided to stay at Riposto due to its proximity to Mt Etna, Taormina, and the Gola di Alcantara. I'd contacted Stefania Salisi, our host in April, and she could not have been more helpful. She helped me sort out the confusion over the vast number of Etna tours available, and managed to accomodate a late change of plan.

The directions she gave to the B&B were excellent, and despite our late arrival, her sister Louisa was there to welcome us. Our room was immaculate and comfortable, and the typical Continental breakfast was plentiful and varied. I accidentally broke an air freshener, but this was not a problem. They were excellent hosts, spoke good English, and we were sorry to leave. They said that if we had any problems anywhere during the rest of our stay to call them. I cannot speak highly enough of them, or the accommodation.

RJ and GA FitzGerald

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rod F
Mastrazzi-Mare-Etna, Proprietario at B&B I Mastrazzi, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Thanks so much for your review, your words are very kind, was truly a pleasure to meet you and it is always a pleasure to advise our guests about things to see around, it is important for us that about Sicily (and about us) will remain a wonderful memory and a place to return. We remember your kindness and cordiality.
Thanks again for choosing our B & B and will be a pleasure to recive a photo to add it (if you want) in our guest book of our website.
A hug from Sicily.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riposto
Castello di San Marco Charming Hotel & SPA
Grand Hotel Yachting Palace
B&B Sicilia Etna Mare
B&B Sicilia Etna Mare
#6 of 22 in Riposto

Been to B&B I Mastrazzi? Share your experiences!