All reviews lake como next door hotel owner floor to ceiling windows design hotel pastries in advance on site stayed one night juice beautiful room top notch interesting design spa milan car drive
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed a night at the C-Hotel at the end of our Italy trip and as a test since we’ve been eyeing the place for a while now with its proximity to both Milan and lake Como.
Now, the first impression is difficult to describe since I didn’t recognise the place from the pictures when we drove by the first time. On second looks, it’s the nicely designed place as advertised to the extend that design beats function (eg no hangers for towels anywhere, damn square toilet seat, fancy lighting system that you can’t read at night since you’ve got the choice of nine buttons to press with nice totally different outcomes).
Let’s put it this way: when the made the design book and the website they engaged a master photographer.. all images are true though.

The restaurant offers a remarkably good Italian cuisine. Small menu but they do know what they’re cooking, we enjoyed that a lot. As the property has its own family bakery you’ll be blessed with great baked goods.

Points deducted for
- lack of functionalities and
- outdoor area (garden / pool )

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We used this wonderful hotel and spa as a landing pad for our 10 day trip. We booked the package with massage and dinner included.
The spa is simply amazing. We booked it as a couple and for the entire afternoon we were given exclusive access to the insanely large (30 meter sq) hot tub, steam room and outdoor waterfall shower.
We each separately got massages which were wonderful.
The rooms are very modern and I agree with another reviewer that the lack of hooks and places to put your things down while bathing was strange.
But I am saving the best for last, the food was amazing! The best risotto I ate the entire time in Italy. Simply fantastic. Overall it was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. Quick trip from there to Lake Como made it a perfect stopping point.
Many thanks C Hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

We booked the hotel because we read it has nice design and we were back on our way to milan. The design is nice but lacking the thought of functionality. The shawer has no place to put the shampoo and soap on so you have to put them on the floor. The room was too hot and we couldn't turn off the aircondition. We tried to open the window but we just had the noise of the engines of the aircondition under our window.
The service was good and so the breakfast.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Relilana
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We stayed three nights in room 207 which overlooks the lawn. I selected this hotel simply because it is one of the Design Hotels, and I appreciate interesting design and architecture. The hallways are sleek and sparse, as are the rooms. The color scheme is the same throughout the building-blonde sandstone (?) floors and bathroom walls, ceiling and walls a stark white. Of course one wall of your room is floor to ceiling windows, two of which open. Touch pad controlled lights and shades. The breakfast was fantastic.

I made the reservation on-line and received my confirmation which stated 1 adult. I immediately responded that the reservation was for TWO adults. When we checked in, I was informed that the room rate is the same, but because there were two of us, an extra charge for breakfast of 40 Euros would be applied. That ended up being 40 Euros a DAY, so we paid an extra 120 Euros for our room. ($50 for breakfast?)

Missing were some basic, functional features one typically finds in a hotel. For example, there were NO towel hooks or anywhere to hang a used towel. Bathroom counter space was minimal. Bathroom/vanity lighting was lacking, as was a decent mirror in the bathroom or hallway. No tissue or washcloths; okay, this is Italy. No chair. If you wanted to work at the desk you sat on a cube. The cool spa pool is extra and the outdoor pool is NOT a pool for swimming.

Room Tip: The odd numbered rooms overlook the grass area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RCRPP
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I found this hotel, like money during this trip, via the Starwood website. I found the pictures and website description intriguing. The hotel was everything and much more than what the website promised. Definitely one of the most stylish hotels I've ever been to, with impeccable taste inside and out. It is a tiny boutique hotel with only 18 rooms and the tiny little restaurant. You do feel accordingly during your stay: special, pampered and getting a lot of attention. The dining experience in the hotel was superb; we felt like we are being taken care of by a hosting family. Very professional and warm service overall.
The room is an absolute heaven for admirers of modern architecture. One can feel the affinity of the hotel owner to architecture - the building is packed with architectural and stylish books from the lobby throughout the spa into the rooms.
Our major travel interest was the lake Como area, but this hotel was definitely worth the little extra drive. We are definitely coming back!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple