“Still a favourite”
Review of Mayview Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Monans
Mayview Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 St Monans B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We pop up here a lot when we're in the East Neuk and it feels like home each time (have to remind my wife to check in before we go to our favourite room!)

The staff are fabulous, a good laugh and very good at looking after us.

The food seems to improve each time we're here - the choices are astonishing; fish and chips to sumptuous chef's creations.

Great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I recently had my wedding in the function suite at the Mayview hotel everything was excellent from the smiling staff to the food and the service. They made our day so special. The food was delicious and all of our guests commented on how great it was afterwards. The service was outstanding which was great as there was 100 of us. The function room is just perfect for a wedding and I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank kdarling1992
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The function room at the rear of the hotel was transformed for our daughters wedding. The staff were amazing - never intrusive always attentive. Food a sit down meal was outstanding - we had wedding guests stay in the hotel and they were equally impressed with both the rooms, breakfast and staff. Well done to everyone involved - an unforgettable experience for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

very nice small hotel with great food, especially seafood, staff very helpful and friendly. Good selection of drinks at the bar.
It does not look much from the outside as you drive past but it is really nice inside
the function room at the back is a good size

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I married in March 2012. As I am originally from St Monans we wanted the entire celebration to take place in the village. We had friends and family travelling from all over the country (even from abroad) to attend our special day so we wanted to make sure we gave them a real taste of what the beautiful village has to offer.

The Mayview Hotel was the perfect venue for our celebrations. Starting on the Friday night our guests were invited to come to the Mayview for an informal evening supper and drinks. The atmosphere was great as everyone mingled and enjoyed the wonderful food and drinks from the menu. The menu has a great range of classic dishes to seafood specials. Where better to try seafood than where it is locally prepared and even caught. Some of our guests stayed in the hotel accommodation and commented on the comfort and service they received.

Following our wedding ceremony at the ‘Auld Kirk’ on the Saturday our guests were then invited to the Mayview Hotel for a drinks reception of fizz and finger food. The hotel function space was an ideal size for our number of guests to sit and talk while listening to some local musicians playing an eclectic mix of jazz. The beer garden area was also a great space for us to take group wedding photos with views from the function room so guests could stay warm and dry while watching all the fun.

For anyone who is either considering staying, dining, drinking, or having an event at the Mayview Hotel I would highly recommend this venue. The owners were a fantastic support during the planning of our event and the hotel was perfect for everything we wanted our celebrations to be. – HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dynartw
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I say that this is a "surprisingly" good pub because, in general, I tend to find bars in small hotels rather featureless, soulless places; and from the outside you wouldn't expect anything different at the Mayview. The reality however is a very good bar with an excellent atmosphere and a good choice of beers. They also have an extensive food menu, but as we didn't eat here I cannot comment on the quality.

I can however comment on the quality of service in the bar, which was top notch. All the staff were friendly and efficient and the locals also made us feel very welcome. I would certainly recommend it as a place to visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I like the Mayview as it shows a real determination to flourish and please its customers.In a small community it offers bar food ,resturaunt,B&B and functions.So it is a real asset to St monans.Several of my family have used it for various reasons.The recent meal we had in the bar was of the highest quality ,in particular our children enjoyed the steak pie.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mayview Hotel? Share your experiences!