“Wedding 25th February 2012”

Kilconquhar Castle Estate
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kilconquhar
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Have just attended the most fabulous wedding at the castle. Beautiful venue and fantasic food (with a choice of what to have - just unheard of down south !!!) Thank you to everyone concerned.

Room Tip: Didnt stay only attended wedding as a guest
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RBJBBedBerks

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed in one of the club rooms in the castle, small but very adequate. We were on a half board package and the meals were excellent. Staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. My wife and I visited one of the lodges and were very impressed with the fixtures and fittings. On-site facilities include an indoor swimming pool, horse riding, gym and plenty of golf is nearby. Kilconquar is close to interesting towns which have attractions worth visiting, St Andrews, Elie, Anstruther and Pittenweem. My wife and I have stayed in all standards of accommodation and for the price, Kilconquar Castle Estate is great value for money and one to which we will certainly return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Golfer016
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I just wanted to write a brief note having arrived home earlier today from a week spent at the beautiful Kilconquhar Castle Estate and Country Club. I was concerned at reviews I had read, especially knowing my family and I were were due to stay at Rose Cottage in the grounds of the estate. I have to stay it was fabulous - if you like privacy you've certainly got it, the cottage is equipped with everything you could need and it's size was perfectly fine for me, my husband, three teenagers and a sizeable dog. The track to reach the cottage is no big deal - certianly not worth a poor review. We even managed to keep the electricity bill under control and came away with a £36 bill for seven days which when we were told the average for a two bedroom unit is £75 made a very pleased. We had good weather for the time of year, but really it's about being sensible and only heating where you need to. We thought it was a truly wonderful place anyhow and people should not be concerned over the poor reviews - they are undeserved.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank EHS230467
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed here for a four night break in one of the two bedroomed lodges.
The lodge was clean and very well equiped, clothes, tea towels, washing up liquid, dishwashing powder etc. were all provided so theres no need to take everything but the kitchen sink like I did!
I found the staff nice and helpful, we ate there three out of the four nights and found the food to be really good, also had a complimentary breakfast after enjoying the lovely three course meal in the Atmospheric Lindsay Room, which not only was brilliant value but the full breakfast was one of the nicest I've had for ages and didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn for it either as they served it up till noon.
We didn't use the swimming pool - to me it didn't look very inviting as theres no privacy.
We made use of the badminton court and snooker room which are complimentary.
This was my first visit and I would definately return.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Izzy30
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have visited Kilconquhar several times over the years, firstly as a kid and now as an adult. My early experiences were always fantastic, the accommodation was nice and the facilities were up to scratch.

Having just come back from a four night stay I can say that this is not the case anymore. The whole estate is in desperate need of investment and is looking tatty around the edges, with many of the facilities needing to be completely revamped.

This would have been fine had it not been for the poor service we then received from the staff, who were either rude or incompetent. Although there were at some times four staff at reception none of them really seemed to know what was going on, and when told that the badminton court had been booked for us we arrived to find that they had double booked us.

Worst of all was the cleanliness of the rooms. Unfortunately the previous occupants had clearly had dogs and the room was coated in dog hair. Apart from this being disgusting I am also allergic to dogs so had two rotten nights sleep as I was told that the cleaners could not come until Monday.

Overall, very disappointing, not worth the considerable amount of money we paid.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wsdivc
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights with our daughter and dog. We had a 3 bedroom self catering property ... I do think the photos on the website make them look prettier than in real life they are perfectly adequate for what we needed. The furniture in the sitting/dining room is nice and bedrooms are ok, bedrooms are only doubles and the ensuite is bizarre ... Strange blue corner bath and washing machine in the same room. However none of this would put us off going back ... The property was spotless, staff were friendly, grounds were gorgeous. We booked last minute so we have marked very well for value

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JamiesonsScotland
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We have visited Kilconquhar Castle previously for Murder Mystery Nights which were excellent value with dinner served as the "murder" unfolds. Because of this 16 of us booked two four bedroom villas and enjoyed the Christmas Party Night which was held in the Marquee. The food is always excellent, no matter where it is served, The Bistro, White Cockade or the Marquee. I would thoroughly recommend it either as a couple venue or with a large group of friends. I would certainly return and the other 15 feel the same. I agree with some reviewers that some bedrooms are a bit dated but they are clean and functional. The lounge area is huge and we set up a log fire which was just a treat. The grounds are huge and lots of lovely walks nearby. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank magsdevlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilconquhar
Fairmont St Andrews
#9 of 17 in St. Andrews
Premier Inn St Andrews Hotel
Premier Inn St Andrews Hotel
#7 of 17 in St. Andrews

Been to Kilconquhar Castle Estate? Share your experiences!