Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,395 results
All reviews sarah jane honeymoon suite hot tub lovely hotel from start to finish tribute night wedding venue couldn t my partner out of this world wedding coordinator bar staff dance floor high standard food was lovely waiting staff birthday party
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited for an overnight stay with my wife. I booked the hotel as a place to put our heads down after a family party.

However, I really undeestimated this hotel.

On arrival, Sarah at reception set the standard for the say. She was lovely, talkative and provided all the information we needed about the hotel. Once settled into our room she gave us a courtesy call to make sure all was right
Our room was like the hotel, bar and restaurant, modern, clean and well appointed.

The food was great as were the drinks.

I will be back!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
689andrewn, Manager at Busby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Douglas B

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your over night stay and found all the team especially Sarah to be so friendly and helpful.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

We recently stayed overnight for my husbands birthday at the Busby hotel and had a fantastic time overall. Manager Denise had been in touch with us beforehand and was so kind, helpful and genuine in making our stay special by upgrading us to the Argyle suite. The room was gorgeous, our perfect hotel room......comfortable bed, sofas and desk areas. Large bath and shower, with tv beside bath.....a lovely treat for relaxing and getting ready for our evening. Dinner was delicious with lots of options to choose from, actually very reasonably priced. Bar and restaurant had a lovely buzz of atmosphere on the Saturday night. All staff were so friendly and genuine.....we bumped into Megan who recognised us from our wedding and was extremely warm and friendly and it was lovely to see her. Denise also recognised us and was great overall. Lots of friendy waitresses and the two boys at the bar made our stay so pleasant and we fell in love with this hotel all over again. Would highly recommend for a couples relaxing overnight stay.....something we intend to now book on an annual basis. Thanks again

Dear Christine f

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5 star review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and enjoyed your time in the Argyle suite.

I will share your comments with the team who will be thrilled.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Service was good
Depending on what was ordered The meal portion differed
Salmon meal was extremely small for what we had paid for. Compared to other establishments.
We were constantly being asked if we required more drink orders. Very off putting

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
689andrewn, Manager at Busby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hi margarethelen1010,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your experience and will raise the issues you have mentioned with the relevant team. I would look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 13, 2020

The location of the Busby Hotel was perfect for my business travel, with the room being very comfortable and clean, offering all facilities that you may need and with great food too! Will definitely be back when I'm next required to be in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi F3198Glandreag,

Thank you for leaving a fantastic 5 star review. I would be delighted to share your comments with the team and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Booked for Hogmanay Ball with a group of friends. From friendly staff on reception, spotless, modern room, lovely bar/lounge area it was very welcoming and comfortable experience.
The Ball itself was great fun with both live band and DJ to 2am. Food for a fixed menu at this time of year was surprisingly good - other hotels that get it wrong take note. Only slight disappointment was caused by other guests arriving late and staff taking decision to hold meal until they arrived. Starters were by then getting cool but staff responded to issue by replacing where required and some drinks on house.
Definately a local find and will go back here again.

Room tip: We were in room 27 and all rooms on this half landing have whirlpool baths and TV in bathroom.
Date of stay: December 2019
689andrewn, Manager at Busby Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear johnsD6456JA

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5 star review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed celebrating Hogmanay in our Busby suite ball and found the team to be so friendly.

I will share your comments with the team who I know will be thrilled that you enjoyed your evening.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.