“Absolutely Brilliant”

Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Eaglesham B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had our 30th anniversary party here and every aspect of the weekend was superb from our room (the honeymoon suite )to the food ,the service and the organisation , nothing can be faulted.
Carolyn and New assistant Barry certainly go the extra mile.
All our guests had nothing but praise for how the event went and everyone was stunned how good the food was.
I would highly recommend "the Eg" for parties and weddings, well done

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels worldwide and I can honestly say that the Best Western Eglinton Arms tops that list.
This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Eglington, as before the staff are welcoming, the hotel modern comfortable and spotlessly clean & our room (31) beautifully appointed. I can not sing the praises of Carolyn and all of the staff enough! This is the way hotels should be!! Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Always stay at this hotel when I return 'home' to Glasgow. Have never had a bad experience from any Best Western Hotel but this one the staff really do go the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable and stress free as possible.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I have ate here 3 times in the past month as well as the odd visit in the past (once every few weeks) Both on our own and also with the kids. The food is more than decent and presented well.

But, although we enjoy the food we both agreed as we left the restaurant on Saturday nigh that it would be our last visit. Every time we have been in we are unfortunate enough to have at least one time where the most dour and unpleasant female would serve us.

Older lady with short, dyed blond hair should really learn to crack at least a smile and understand that manners are the cheapest thing going. On Saturday past there was 2 younger version working with her who seemed to be motivated by her attitude and was similarly disinterested and unhappy.

1  Thank GottaBeSure
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

First of all, that you for taking the time to post your observations and your kind comments concerning the food. I was very disappointed to learn about your experience with the staff however, as most have been working here for years and enjoy their job, generally going the extra mile to ensure an enjoyable visit. We failed on this occasion and for this I apologise and I would be delighted if you could contact me to discuss further.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife booked the Eglinton Arms for my 60th birthday party on the strength of the lovely experience we had when dining on our anniversary night last October. A further, highly enjoyable, Christmas Day Lunch ensured that we had made the right choice of venue for my big night.

We weren't disappointed! Carolyn and her staff were kind, helpful, efficient and very responsive to our needs and made the whole experience a worry free and memorable night. We used the resident DJ, James, who accommodated all our musical choices and our guest's requests.

The buffet was original and a great success with all. The fish & chips were talked about by everyone who had them. Breakfast was similarily delicious with a good choice for all diets.

We stayed over in the 'Honeymoon Suite' and would recommend it, not only to newlyweds, but to anyone who wants to have a special pampered evening. The feedback we have had from many of our guests that stayed over was also very enthusiastic, everyone commented on how lovely their stay was.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It is by far the best for many a mile and will be used by us for special occassions and whenever we want a special dining experience. Do join us!

Room Tip: All the rooms have rcently been refurbished, so you can't go wrong. Honeymoon suite is pure fant...
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Haven't visited here for a good 10 years but it was convenient for visiting friends in the area, it's had an overhaul since then, and has a really nice warm feel of a far more expensive hotel. Check in was seamless, room was as expected but very clean, had a lovely skylight with electric blinds. Slightly noisy overnight, walls could be a bit thicker, and I think there were children in the next room who were boisterous (as children tend to be!) in the morning.
Breakfast in the morning was a bit limited, not many cereal options, and there was one yoghurt... Service good.
Would go back for the price and convenience.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The following email was sent to reception@eglintonarms.co.uk on 23/02/14 and still no response..

Earlier today I visited the Bar Grill at the Eglinton Arms with my wife and two children (7 and 2). What was essentially a pleasant experience was tainted by the meal provided for one of my children in particular.

We ordered Tomato Pasta for one of our children and when it arrived what was presented was an adult size portion of spaghetti drowning in tomato sauce. What appeared to be the restaurant manager was serving us and he immediately apologised about the size of the portion. We then stated that had we known it was spaghetti we would not have ordered this for our two year old daughter (in our experience a menu usually makes a distinction about spaghetti rather than other pasta). Again the man serving us immediately apologised and said that it had previously been pasta but for some reason had been changed.

Our 2 year old daughter was unable to eat very much of this meal and at the end the same man came to clear the table. He immediately apologised again and said that he could not understand why this had been changed from normal pasta especially as the chef had two young children himself. He said he had spoken to the chef and that the old style pasta would be brought back on the menu as soon as possible. He once gain apologised and said that our comments would be passed on to the chef. However, despite all of this we were still charged the full £5.95 for a meal that we obviously weren't expecting, the man serving us didn't expect to be providing to customers and quite frankly even if we had been expecting spaghetti was actually covered in far too much tomato sauce.

I feel I should bring this to your attention because what was in general an enjoyable visit was somewhat diminished by the Children's Menu and would certainly question us bringing our children.

....We didn't even mention that they forgot the beans for my other child! Just can't believe they haven't even responded. It is a nice place but it let itself down during or visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ayrshireblackcat
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Thank you taking the time to tell us of your experience - for the 2nd time! Customer feedback is invaluable to us to hopefully improve the service we offer our guests, including the youngsters.
Having now spoken with chef, shaped pasta will be served in future with our new children's menu rather than spaghetti - which should be much easier for them to eat. Apologies for not replying to your email immediately - no excuses there and I will be contacting you personally.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eaglesham
Best Western Garfield House Hotel
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns
New Lanark Mill Hotel

Been to Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!