Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
Torrance Hotel(East Kilbride)
$105
$102
PremierInn.com
All reviewshoneymoon suiteexcellent hotelwedding receptionhigh standardfull scottish breakfastlovely decorbusiness tripfirst classstaff were amazinghaggisfunction roomhome from homemany thanksfrom start to finishsteak piewedding venuewould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We held our wedding recption at the Eglinton Arms last weekend and the whole day was absolutely perfect. From check in on the Friday afternoon to when we left on the Sunday the hotel was faultless. Russell who ran the event was so patient when we kept on with the photos because we did not want to miss anyone. The meal was excellent and all our guests commented on how good it was and how obilging the staff were. Even until the wee small hours we were really looked after and would love to do it all over again. On the run up to the event Carolyn made sure all the details were taken care of and there were some lovely touches with the table name graphics, a pampering basket and flowers in the bride to be's room the night before and a framed momento. Kathleen at breakfast deserves a special mention for making sure that no one missed out at breakfast. All in all we had a fantastic time and that the staff really cared about our day which made it such a perfect one. Many thanks!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JamPamMusicals
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Just to say thank you for your very kind comments - I am glad that you both enjoyed your special day.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fantastic venue, food excellent, accommodation first class, Carolyn and staff very helpful, organizing the event was carried out as we wished. We would highly recommend this hotel for a function, lunch, dinner or an overnight stay. Everyone in our party is still raving about it.
Robin & Janette Cleland

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind comments - so glas you enjoyed your night!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Eglinton for a recent family celebration. Our room was excellent with a lovely view over the park opposite. The room was warm with all the necessary tea making facilities and snacks. The Full Scottish Breakfast was a great way to start the day and other meals were chosen from a nice evening menu. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We would be happy to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Very good location for a holiday base.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jimandvictoria
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay - many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Looked at various hotels in the area to stay in for a business trip and after reading reviews could not find one that appealed. Then came across this one. Photos looked good and the reviews were good so booked. This hotel is brilliant. The photos were spot on. The hotel was spotless, which is a big thing for me. The welcome and the service by all the staff was excellent. The food, both evening meal and breakfast was perfect. I wish this hotel was nearer to home as would go for meals anytime. It is a real find. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking a chance on us, so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a one night stay on a cold March night. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food served in the restaurant was very good with a reasonable choice of meats, fish and vegetarian. The fish that I had was well cooked and well presented and hot when served. The room was clean and fresh. The bathroom was well appointed with towels and shampoos, etc. The tea making facility was well stcked with teas and coffee, various sugars and sweetners and a choice of half or full fat milk, and of course shortbread biscuits!.
The not so good bits:- The room is heated by an electric panel heater, which only works when the door key is in the master switch by the door, so on this cold March night the room was like an icebox. As I didn't arrive until 8 pm and then went to the resturaunt to eat there was going to be no heat in the room when I returned. A business card or any credit card sized card will operate the door switch, so that was what was needed to get some warmth into the room. 3 hours after leaving the room with the heater on full heat, I returned to the room and it was slightly warmer than it was, but it was still quite chilly, I left the heater on full over night [and I don't like a warm bedroom] and by morning it was an acceptable temperature. Not very eco friendly I know, but being cold in not enjoyable!!!.
The bathroom extract fan [room 26] sounds like an express train, fortunately the fan stops a few minutes after turning the light out.
As I said earlier the food served was very enjoyable and reasonably priced BUT the drinks are very expensive, and no sign of a price list. I am sure I will be corrected on that point, but there was not an obvious one. I thought £5.95 for a medium glass of house white was expensive, the wine was acceptable but really only a house wine.
I didn't try the breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
I think I would stay there again but am now aware of the points to look for.

Room Tip: Check the temperature of the room before you accept it, they take a lot more heating than the heater is capable of in a short time.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for posting your kind comments concerning the food and staff and constructive criticisms concerning your room. During the cold winter months, the radiators were kept on to make the rooms warm and welcoming, but this obviously was not the case in your room and generally the heater in the room with different settings is adequate for the room so I apologise for the inconvienience caused to you. The extractor fan has been attended to, thank you for pointing that out to us. You are correct, there is a price list which is at the entrance way to the Bar/Grill and just to confirm that at £5.60 this is a large 250ml glass of house wine - which is changing next month, so hopefully when you come back you will enjoy our new wine! Thanks again for your posting.