“Warm and Welcoming”

Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Eaglesham B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Eglinton for a recent family celebration. Our room was excellent with a lovely view over the park opposite. The room was warm with all the necessary tea making facilities and snacks. The Full Scottish Breakfast was a great way to start the day and other meals were chosen from a nice evening menu. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We would be happy to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Very good location for a holiday base.
1  Thank jimandvictoria
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay - many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Looked at various hotels in the area to stay in for a business trip and after reading reviews could not find one that appealed. Then came across this one. Photos looked good and the reviews were good so booked. This hotel is brilliant. The photos were spot on. The hotel was spotless, which is a big thing for me. The welcome and the service by all the staff was excellent. The food, both evening meal and breakfast was perfect. I wish this hotel was nearer to home as would go for meals anytime. It is a real find. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for taking a chance on us, so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a one night stay on a cold March night. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food served in the restaurant was very good with a reasonable choice of meats, fish and vegetarian. The fish that I had was well cooked and well presented and hot when served. The room was clean and fresh. The bathroom was well appointed with towels and shampoos, etc. The tea making facility was well stcked with teas and coffee, various sugars and sweetners and a choice of half or full fat milk, and of course shortbread biscuits!.
The not so good bits:- The room is heated by an electric panel heater, which only works when the door key is in the master switch by the door, so on this cold March night the room was like an icebox. As I didn't arrive until 8 pm and then went to the resturaunt to eat there was going to be no heat in the room when I returned. A business card or any credit card sized card will operate the door switch, so that was what was needed to get some warmth into the room. 3 hours after leaving the room with the heater on full heat, I returned to the room and it was slightly warmer than it was, but it was still quite chilly, I left the heater on full over night [and I don't like a warm bedroom] and by morning it was an acceptable temperature. Not very eco friendly I know, but being cold in not enjoyable!!!.
The bathroom extract fan [room 26] sounds like an express train, fortunately the fan stops a few minutes after turning the light out.
As I said earlier the food served was very enjoyable and reasonably priced BUT the drinks are very expensive, and no sign of a price list. I am sure I will be corrected on that point, but there was not an obvious one. I thought £5.95 for a medium glass of house white was expensive, the wine was acceptable but really only a house wine.
I didn't try the breakfast so I cannot comment on that.
I think I would stay there again but am now aware of the points to look for.

Room Tip: Check the temperature of the room before you accept it, they take a lot more heating than the heater...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for posting your kind comments concerning the food and staff and constructive criticisms concerning your room. During the cold winter months, the radiators were kept on to make the rooms warm and welcoming, but this obviously was not the case in your room and generally the heater in the room with different settings is adequate for the room so I apologise for the inconvienience caused to you. The extractor fan has been attended to, thank you for pointing that out to us. You are correct, there is a price list which is at the entrance way to the Bar/Grill and just to confirm that at £5.60 this is a large 250ml glass of house wine - which is changing next month, so hopefully when you come back you will enjoy our new wine! Thanks again for your posting.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband & I stayed last night 09/03/13 in room 26, the staff were very friendly and professional, we had dinner last night and the food was superb. The breakfast was delicious too, on the breakfast menu it had a vegetarian option which delighted me as a strict vegetarian (top marks).
The hotel is luxurious, so clean again top marks to housekeeping.
Thank you all for a lovely stay, thank you to Angela & Sharon at reception, and thank you Carolyn (Manager) for making our stay memorable. (nothing was too much trouble for you)
To finish off, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Best wishes everyone Pat & Bobby Campbell

Room Tip: My tip would be do not hesitate to stay here, you wont be disappointed I promise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad you enjoyed your stay - I know you have been wanting to visit us for a while so come back soon! Thanks so much for the kind comments.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed a night at the Eglinton Arms for a family gathering and had a very enjoyable and comfortable stay. Our room was very clean and spacious and the bed was perfect for a great nights sleep.

All the staff were very friendly and welcoming from the receptionist to the manager as well as all the staff in the bar and restaurant. The food was excellent and the breakfast was particularly good.

Overall a lovely hotel in a great location with easy access to both Glasgow and the surrounding areas.

2  Thank Davidandjan

Glad you enjoyed your stay - many thanks for your kind comments.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I got married in The Eglington Arms Hotel on the 23 February 2013, it was recommended to us by a family friend, we hadn't really looked at many other venues and decided to check it out.. We were not disappointed, as soon as I walked through the door I knew it was the one, from the luxurious décor to shiny cutlery the place is a little gem.

We booked and had just under twelve months to the big day, Carolyn was fantastic, I worried as a bride does that things would not go to plan but I must say I cant fault a single thing, Carolyn took care of everything.

When the day day finally came, it was a dream come true, our friends and family are still raving about what an amazing day they had, the tables were set up beautifully the food was delicious and the ambiance just perfect for the type of day we imagined.

Thanks again to Carolyn, Russell and all the wonderful staff at The Egg!!

Mr & Mrs Scott x

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Just to say thank you for your kind comments. It is such a delight to see that our bride & groom have really enjoyed their day after all the planning involved. Take care.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We got married here in 2008 and were delighted to be back for a function to celebrate our 2 boys'
christening. Just like our wedding we were looked after fastically well by all the staff, nothing was too much bother. Shona the chef put on a beautiful buffet spread for us which catered for all tastes including the children. Carolyn made sure the day went smoothly but also allowed for personal touches. My family all stayed at the hotel and were most impressed by the stylish yet cosy rooms, thank you Angela for all your attention to detail! We have very happy memories of our family time together at 'The Eg'.

2  Thank Calvin L

Thanks so much for the kind comments. It was such a delight to host the christening party for your boys and all your family seemed to enjoy the day. Take care & see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eaglesham
Best Western Garfield House Hotel
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns
New Lanark Mill Hotel

Been to Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!