Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel
$96
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewshoneymoon suiteexcellent hotelwedding receptionhigh standardfull scottish breakfastlovely decorbusiness tripfirst classstaff were amazinghaggisfunction roomhome from homemany thanksfrom start to finishsteak piewedding venuewould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son,Brian and his, now, wife Laura recently held their wedding reception at this hotel and I have nothing but praise for this excellent venue.On arrival the welcome was warm and friendly and we were made to feel that there was a genuine desire, on the part of the staff, to help with any problems that should arise.
The meal which was enjoyed by all of the sixty plus guests, was of a high standard and was served in a professional and efficient manner.
We stayed in the hotel overnight. The room was very comfortable and well equipped.
My main praise is for the staff of this hotel. There is an atmosphere of friendliness which is down to each staff member.
I have no hesitation in recommending this lovely hotel.

2  Thank John C
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. It is very much appreciated by all the staff to know that our guests enjoy their stay with us and even more so that the couples' wedding day was enjoyed by all.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Kenny and I shared our special day at the Eglinton Arms Hotel in September 2012.
Our wedding was very small (total of 16 guests) therefore a small but very important and intimate day for us and our guests. My daughter and I stayed the night before the big day, which as an excellent idea. Carolyn, Barry, Stacey and all of the hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful, with loads of wee touches just to make us feel that extra big special.
Even our specific request as to how our main meal was cooked was was done without any problems (thanks to the Chef). Staff were all very attentive without being intrusive like we have found at other wedding venues.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Just to say thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments, delighted that you enjoyed your day.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Again, pleasantly surprised. Another visit and Good Service, Good Fresh Food, Good selection of Wine. This is really a Great Western and is the Best. A simple phone call to book a table, a nice well come from the duty manager and good bar service before gearing to the restuarant. It's more than just a hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant, thanks very much for taking the time to post your comments.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We looked far and wide for a good wedding value in terms of what suited us and what would suit our guests. Our last viewing was what is affectionatley known locally as "The Eg" The minute we walked into the hotel the feel of the place was right from the word go.
In planning the wedding, Carolyn is knowledgable, friendly and will point you in the right direction- no hard sell. In the run up to the wedding we got to know Barry who would be our Master of Ceremonies- friendly , knowledgable and nothing too much bother. When we went to the hotel the week before the wedding for dinner to take my Mother In Law she was given some flowers that were left over from a christening function which was a really nice and welcoming touch.
When the wedding rolled around it was potentially a logistical nightmare as we had people coming from all over the world- South Africa, Canada, Bermuda, Australia, Holland and from all over the UK so all our friends were staying there for the weekend.
The wedding was a dream come true. Everything went perfectly and according to plan it was a fabulous day from start to finish.
The kindness and consideration shown to myself, my husband, my family and my overseas guests is not what you will find anywhere else in Glasgow or the surrounding area.Nothing is any bother to any member of the staff team and politeness and kindness is top of the bill.
Our tables were place names such as the places we had travelled to or worked and I hadnt thought of how to present this. When the room was turned around and we went back in- all the table names were in the design of a postcard that said Greetings From......and then the name of the place. This was a very small touch but meant so much to me- I belive it was Stacey on reception that did this for us.
The food is outstanding and per person per head was the best rated quoted in any of our research for venues. The Head Chef (Thomas I think) and the Sous Chef should be congratulated for the food provided with a reasonable price tag. The bar staff were great as well - we had an impromtu Champagne party the night before the wedding and were up very late in the residents bar- again nothing to much so thank you for the bar staff that tolerated our pre-wedding party.
The housekeeping staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The rooms were commented on by all my guests as being the most comfortable they had ever stayed in and my friends have travelled the world over.
At the meal, Barry and the team of staff that served were absoloutely faultless and the meal went off with military precision- a cohesive and well trained team.
All in all i would like to say a huge thank you to Carolyn, Barry, Ross and the team for everything they did for us. My family and friends said it was the best wedding they had ever been too.
Good service and customer care is sadly lacking in so many parts of the service industry these days.
The Eglinton Arms does not fall into this category. If you are getting married then this is the place to book- you will not be dissappointed.
We will be booking up very soon for a family Christmas lunch.

Thank You for making our Wedding Dreams Come True.

Carolyn and Martin Blackshaw

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn B

Wow, what fabulous comments from you! I am so glad that you enjoyed your wedding day and all your guests enjoyed their stay - they did take over the hotel! Every wedding is individual and special and I am glad everything went well for you. Many thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We celebtated our wedding at The Eglinton Arms in Septembere 2012 with what can only be described as a truly "perfect day" - From the very first moment we visited the hotel to book our wedding we knew we would be in safe hands. Nothing was ever too much bother and Carolyn, Barry and the staff were always on hand to offer help and advice in the run up to our big day. We had decided to name our tables after famous couples and Carolyn printed pictures of these couples to go along with the table names which was a great touch and really added that little bit extra to each table. On the day the service was fantastic with all our gusts commenting on how attentive the staff were - again nothing was ever too much bother. A special mention must also go to Ross who ensured everything ran smoothly and was just absolutely perfect for us which put us completly at ease. Ross even cleaned Lynsey's wedding shoes after they had been covered in grass when getting photographs taken. The food was fantastc so much so Lynsey's father wanted to take a pot of the tomato and roasted red pepper soup home for his dinner the next day! The service through dinner was faultless and extremely efficient.

A big thank you must go to every member of staff (including the barman who served us in the residents bar after the wedding) but the real stars of the show are Carolyn, Ross and Barry. We cannot thank the team at The Eg enough for making our day truly fabulous and we are looking forward to popping into the hotel for lunch in the very near future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CarolynStark, Manager at Best Western Glasgow South Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Hiya guys, thank you so much for the lovely comments you wrote in your posting after your recent wedding. The day certainly seemed to go smoothly and I am delighted that you enjoyed your big day here at the Eg.