“Prestonman”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A good restaurant with decent food and good service. Have enjoyed a few meals here since it opened and have found the food to be consistently good. Good service from attentive staff in a relaxed but pleasant environment without the theatrical drama and chaos I have experienced in some Italian restaurants. Lovely setting next to the marina and al fresco dining available weather permitting.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I wanted to like this. I love the building designed by Thomas Telford, it's iconic and unmissable.the interior has had a lot of money spent on it. We ate upstairs early on a Friday evening. Good menu but the young staff are willing but not trained that well. The food was a bit disappointing, the seafood pizza had too many ingredients on it and the calamari were a bit Frankie and Benny. Looks amazing but didn't deliver on this occasion.

1  Thank Spoc47
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We called in without booking on a Friday and though they were busy they found room for us. Good seafood risotto, bursting with fish and shellfish. Nice desserts too though I was too full to try one. The place had a pleasant lively atmosphere, people were in just having cocktails ( we ate in the bar/bistro downstairs. Quite pricey for main courses but the portions were big. A bit of a ind as the other restaurants we had passed on the way to the harbour didn't look very exciting.

1  Thank Sarah00056
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a lunch in this restaurant and will be back for sure.
Plenty choice in the menu, and the food is amazing.
Our waiter was really good.
I would recommend the sea bass. I never had a plate so full with sea bass. Really good
I Highly recommend this place

1  Thank stp2013
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for a meal here last week and I had heard a lot of different opinions about the restaurant but I was very impressed! The fungi starter was lovely and I chose the penne arrabiata (tad spicy). Well presented and the staff were helpful. Great value for money (2 courses for £9.50). Will definitely be back!

1  Thank hs052013