“Truly wonderful - Ken is a star!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creetown
Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Creetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed with Ken at Cherrytrees for two nights and we couldn't have asked for a more pleasant stay. The double bedroom we had was very well presented, bright, clean and airy and the modern bathroom was a great size and completely spotless. Ken is a brilliant host - very warm and welcoming, despite us turning up at the most unreasonable hour of 10pm! Breakfast was lovely - Ken gives you lots of choice and caters for all tastes. As you'd hope, there was coffee, tea and toast on tap and plenty of jolly conversation to start your day off. Perfect! Our stay was excellent value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cherrytrees to anyone. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny W
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2011

Sorry it took me a while to respond (computer - forgot how to do it). Thanks very much for the review I really mean it when I say it is very much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was the third time we had stayed at Cherrytrees, and thought it was about time we repaid the owner Ken with a review. Since our last visit a TV lounge has been opened, this is beyond the sitting room and has been decorated and kitted out to a high standard. It is just for the use of guests, as is the entire first floor, in fact you don’t share anything with the owner who has his own annexe, so in that respect it’s actually like being in a hotel. We stayed in the double en-suite room which is very nice with quality bedding and towels. Other people have mentioned Ken’s breakfast and we really can’t add anything further except to looking forward to the next time. The place is nicely decorated and is spotless and Ken is so helpful. Excellent place to stay and great value.

Room Tip: The beds are top quality, a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I am no expert on guesthouses. I’ve stayed in two before in the last few years. I’ve endured Travelodge and have stayed in many hotels throughout Europe.
I made a decision, I’d only review good ones and bad ones. I can’t offer anything more to the middle of the road ones.
I needed somewhere to stay in Dumfries and Galloway and checked out Tripadvisor. I came across Cherrytrees and read the reviews. I thought they might be a bit over the top but decided to give it a go. I’m so glad I did. This place was considerably better than some of the hotels and I had stayed at. I was with a friend, and on arrival were cheerfully greeted by our host, Ken. Ken does everything by himself. The decorating, furnishing, gardening, cooking, cleaning and all the other stuff associated with the running of his business. We were the only guests staying for the weekend and were given a full guided tour, even his own living quarters. If they’re clean and tidy, you can expect the rest of the establishment will be. And that was the case.
There are only two guestrooms, both doubles and ensuite, one with a double bed and the other twin bedded. There are two large and delightfully furnished guest lounges, on the same landing as the bedrooms, one of which was a television lounge. Televisions were also provided in the bedrooms.
Ken was such a good host, not only was he full of information about the area, but he was able to join us in the local hotel bar for a drink and entertain us with his stories and humour.
Having read the reviews, I was so looking forward to a freshly cooked breakfast. I had made a decision before visiting that if it was as good as people say, I would get the address of his butcher to take some back with me. I know who they are now, purchase made on Saturday afternoon, and Ken was kind enough to put it in his fridge until we left. For you to find out who the butchers are, you need to go and stay at Cherrytrees and ask Ken.
A great weekend and wonderful place to stay and would recommend to anyone.
Cheers, Ken. Hope to meet again one day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Wow, many thanks for the review. What can I say? It was also a pleasure meeting you and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you enjoyed your purchases from the butchers. I have now put a link to them on the Cherrytrees Web Site. It is so nice when your hard work is appreciated and you certainly took time out to complete this review, thanks again.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

The best b&b north of the border. Ken is a wonderful host, his local knowledge is profound. Beautiful bedrooms, 2 lounges for guests to use. Good luck on tackling one of Ken's breakfast they will set you up for the day. Mind you, he does a great bowl of porridge too. We've been before and we will be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Ken_Lawton, Owner at Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

It has been a pleasure meeting you and I'm so glad that I have been able to help make your stay an enjoyable one and really do look forward to your visits. Thanks very much for taking the time to do the review.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Have stayed several time now - its much better than being in a hotel!
Spacious comfortable rooms/bathrooms - spotlessly clean.
Two lovely lounges and super breakfasts

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Many thanks for taking time out to do a review and your comments are much appreciated.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Stayed at this B&B early April this year and had a wonderful time. We received a very warm friendly welcome from the owner, Ken who could not have done any more for us. The B&B is set out over two floors with two separate lounges for guests only. One lounge has a TV so guests can chose to watch TV or sit in the quiet. Our double room was incredibly spacious with a lovely en-suite bathroom, complete with complimentary toiletries and lovely fluffy towels. Also there was a good selection of teas and coffees on the room tray. The cleanliness of the whole B&B was also outstanding. Ken was very knowledgeable about the local area and showed us some good places to walk. As all the previous reviews have stated the breakfast in the morning was absolutely beautiful and there was more than enough to eat. We also didn't need to eat again until the evening. This is exactly how a B&B should be run. Thank you again for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thanks very much for the review, it was an absolute pleasure meeting with you and your family.

Reviewed April 23, 2011

The location is very good. the room was very clean and spacious with excellent facilities. The Breakfast was superb and you certainly wont leave hungry well if you do its your own fault. Top notch all round.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stuartp01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creetown
Creebridge House Hotel
#3 of 5 in Newton Stewart
The Ellangowan Hotel
The Ellangowan Hotel
#3 of 4 in Creetown

Been to Cherrytrees Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!