“Out of season gem”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Fife, United Kingdom
“Out of season gem”
Reviewed March 21, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

The house is a lovely wee place with a lovely outlook and a garden that's been well loved in the past. Everything was clean and tidy with pretty much everything I needed equipment wise. I was there at the tail end of March just as things were being made easy for the start of the season so it was still very quiet - just the way I like it! I was there on my own with my dog and there were plenty of walks along the shore and within a 5 mile drive. The beach is not particularly attractive being coarse sand and silt with a lot of broken shell - mainly ( unsurprisingly) cockles and mussels. Having said that it was a fairly interesting beach with all kinds of flotsam and jetsom washing up. Masses of gnarly driftwood and buoys - the dog thought it was a great place. Things I wish I'd known - 1 unlike every other holiday cottage I've stayed in there was nothing like loo roll or washing up liquid provided ( discovered loo roll problem after racing in after long drive in state of desperation - thank heavens for paper hankies) fortunately the wee shop had just opened for the season. 2 The bed was very very hard. I'm more of a medium to hard mattress kind of woman myself so had to abandon the bed for the very comfy sofa most nights. 3 The directions needed a tiny tweak to prevent me driving round the static caravan park having missed my turn. So here you go - at the bit where you take the right hand fork then the slip road - they do mean the hard-core track that goes up past a notice saying no through road!
We had a lovely quiet week - I read five books and did cross stitch and walked the dog. It was a great place to view the solar eclipse too.

Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 50-64
christine...
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Relaxing holiday”
Reviewed September 25, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The view and proximity to the sea is what makes the property! it has the wow factor, the tide com es up to the bottom of your garden. The cottage/chalet has everything you need but could do with a deep clean, on first inspection it looks fine, having said this it would not stop us returning. I would advise you to take a windbreak for in the garden as it can get a bit windy. It is an awkward place to find (we had to ask at reception for directions). There is'nt a great deal in Southerness but there are plenty of attractions close by. We did the zip wire at laggan outdoor, the girls went pony trekking and there are plenty of castles. We also went cockle picking and had them for our tea...yummy. Our dog loved the walks along the beach.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: needed deep clean
Traveling group: Teenagers
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Telford and bolton

janetteSk...
skipton
“A TOTAL GEM”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

This cottage must rate as one of the best we have ever stayed in, not for the plushness of the place,it is clean,warm comfortable and homely, but more for the garden and location. The garden has been lovingly created and is an absolute delight, there are hidden patios all over, and the steps lead down on to the beach-a dogs paradice! Be aware the steps are made out of the rock, and are easy enough to negotiate-with care.The views are fantastic no matter what the weather. The cottage has everything you need, a decent sized freezer, which is very rare and much appreciated by the blackberry picking husband, who collected at least 4kg to bring home with us!!! Storeage heaters, which kept the chill off and a wonderful gas fire for the odd night it got just that bit too chilly. Us and our 2 dogs loved it here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, we will definately be returning.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: noyhing to dislike
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Fleetwood
Reviewed June 29, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Congleton
Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing