“Quality of services”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Enugu
Golden Royale Enugu
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Enugu
London, United Kingdom
“Quality of services”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here for four night on business trip last November, The golden royale services was excellent, this is only international hotel in Enugu. Highly recommended that people should stay here for their business and holiday trip. I really enjoyed my stayed with you guys.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joe w W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Hard to believe a standard room cost >$330 a night if there is no hot water coming out of the wash basin, even after complaining every morning, on some occasions there is no water at all, the breakfast consist of some local food and there is no proper spread to select from, the TV channels are extremely poor, quality wise as well. $50 a night sounds right!!!

Room Tip: Insist on a quite room, not close to the gym - which has terrible noise blaring all day.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank cvdraad
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here for two nights,water was running brown from the bathroom so I had to buy bottled water from the hotel to have a bath for the whole two days,I used 12 bottled water to bath only mornings.house fly and mosquito in rooms,no hand towel and bathroom mat in the room,very dirty shower curtain and stained pillow cases.the only thing they got right is food. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Doris-Nonso
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in March. I was a bit apprehensive when I arrived to discover it had changed management and was no longer a Golden Tulip hotel, so I wasn't sure what to expect. However I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was pricier than I expected (about $150 a night) but it was in good condition. The room was clean and spacious and its facilities were well kept. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

The best part, though, was the food. Dinner was delicious and fresh tasting. There was no buffet, so everything had to be ordered and it was not particularly fast, but when it arrived it was fresh and full of flavour. I had fish pepper soup followed by spaghetti and meatballs. Both dishes were excellent, and the group I was with also commented on the quality of their meal. The breakfast buffet was less inspired, but passable for a quick meal to start the day.

The hotel is obviously well patronised by Enugu's elite and apparently is very popular for weekend stays. All in all a good choice for a stay in Enugu.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank CitySampler
Dundee
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The Golden Tulip is pretty much the only 'international' hotel in Enugu. I stayed for one night, and it was perfectly acceptable, but there are two things to be aware of. I booked the hotel through the Golden Tulip corporate website, and the two issues were:

(1) Don't expect to have a reservation, even if you have a confirmation from the website. It seems as if the corporate website does not actually filter through to the hotel. This is fine (if they have rooms available), but means that the hotel WILL NOT honour the price that you find on the Golden Tulip website. The price I had confirmed was $140 on the website, but the hotel actually charges $170. There is no negotiation about this.

(2) I had booked (and had my room confirmed on the website) using my visa card, but the hotel absolutely does not take payment by card, they will only accept cash. I actually had enough cash with me to pay for the room, but just be aware that even if you book using your card you cannot use it.

Other than these two issues, the hotel was of an OK standard with large rooms, air conditioning, a good restaurant and bar. There is free wireless (which wasn't working when I was there). If you get a room above the bar expect to be awake until 1am until the bar + disco closes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank ChrisBustin

Been to Golden Royale Enugu? Share your experiences!