Victoria Inn
Travelocity
$211
$181
$113
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
$234
Orbitz.com
$116
$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewspork dishpanna cottalog burnerdouble bedshort drivest ivespubcornwalldog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My other half arranged for us to stay the night for valentine's this year. I was a bit dubious as its the only pub in a very small village, but I have to say I was bowled over!

The owners are amazing - they couldn't do anything more to make you feel welcome. The accommodation was lovely. All the necessary facilities in your room. My OH had already booked us in to eat the 3 course menu and as being a fussy eater, there wouldn't be anything on it that i'd eat - but the chef took on my requirements with professionalism and produced THE most amazing food I have tasted in a VERY long time. If you are to go there I HIGHLY recommend the chocolate and espresso mousse - fan-flippin-tastic! It was packed out in the restaurant and the bar area - so I would recommend booking a table in advance.

Just be aware that they are a TRADITIONAL pub, and are closed between 14:30 and 17:30 every day and closed all day on a monday. Cannot recommend the Victoria Inn enough! I WILL be going back for more!

Room Tip: Well there are only two rooms so you don't get much choice! :p
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah1109
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Recently stayed local to the Victoria inn. Had a saturday night meal which was stunning. Great food and even better service. Ended up going back 4 days later. Hats off to this place!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Robbie_Exeter
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We stopped here halfway round a circular walk from Praa Sands over Christmas.

The menu caught our eyes as soon as we got in, shortly followed by the amazing looking food being served at surrounding tables. Our only problem was what to choose!

Like all truly brilliant pubs our dogs were as welcome as we were - even getting doggy treats on the house!

Food and wine were superb - just what the Dr ordered to see us on our way to complete the walk.

We only wish we could have stayed the night!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Roll_on_retirement31
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We booked both the rooms available for B&B for one night so that we could attend a family gathering in the pub for dinner.
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, offering excellent service; and the food... Amazing! The evening meal was cooked to perfection and the breakfast was possibly the best cooked breakfast I've tasted. I like the use of local produce where possible and the fact that it wasnt in anyway greasy was a real bonus. I always know when it's a great cooked breakfast when I don't need brown sauce!
The bedrooms are tastefully decorated and in keeping with the age of the building. The bed was comfortable and the lack of any outside noise aided a good night's rest (Possibly the bottle of Rosedale Shiraz may also have contributed!?).
I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if events and circumstances allowed.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Happy-To-Wander
Reviewed November 9, 2011

A warm welcome, friendly and knowledgeable staff, excellent wines and beers and simply exceptional food. Creative dishes and little starters were made with fresh ingredients and a variety of flavours all beautifully seasoned.

Thoroughly enjoyable evening except for one thing, it was a little hot in the dining room but this was easily rectified after asking a member off staff to open some of the windows.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family