“Good Food & Service”

Thymari
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A charmingly small restaurant in the prestigious area of Hadley Wood with a stylish yet intimate ambiance and high quality, flavourful food.
Reviewed April 15, 2019

On its own in a small parade of shops in the middle of Hadley Wood, Barnet. Good quality Greek Cuisine standing out from the standard Greek Restaurant. Prices tend to be medium to high depending on extras.

1  Thank SAntoniou
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2019

Thank you so much for this fab review.

We’re really glad that you think we stand out from other Greek restaurants and we look forward to welcoming you to Thymari again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful quaint restaurant with excellent service from the moment you walk in you feel the warmth. The waiter was exceptional at his job very attentive. The food was divine and kept on coming out we ordered the meze excellent value for money. The cocktails where divine to die for. The service received I felt like I was in a Michelin style restaurant as the attention to detail was on point. Will differently be returning. Thank you for a lovely anniversary meal

Date of visit: March 2019
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2019

Beverleigh,

Thank you for this amazing review!

We’re so happy you enjoyed your anniversary meal and your first experience at Thymari.

It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward welcoming you to Thymari again.

Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

Perfect choice for a Christening celebration; staff made everyone feel very welcome and it was a real pleasure to chat with Paul, the owner. We had a typically Greek meze set menu which didn’t disappoint.....the grilled meat was excellent. Thanks for a great afternoon and will definitely be back to sample the full menu.

Date of visit: March 2019
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2019

Daniel,

Thank you for this fab review. We do a lot of private parties at Thymari, as you mention it is the perfect spot for an intimate party.

We’re really glad you enjoyed the celebration and hope to welcome you to Thymari again soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

I'm a frequent visitor to Thymari and came here last Thursday for a friend's birthday. My friends ordered a meze which looked lovely but as I can't have gluten or dairy, I can't eat a lot of the dishes on the meze so I ordered separately. I had the tahi and melinzano salada with gluten-free pitta which were delicious. I then got the oven baked aubergine for starter and the fish souvlaki for main. Everything tasted lovely and the fish souvlaki is my new favourite dish. The atmosphere was very homely and the management were very accommodating. Looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: February 2019
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2019

Andreas,

Thank you so much for this detailed and complimentary review. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your friend’s birthday dinner and that you found choices that you loved despite not eating gluten and dairy.

Incidentally, all the items mentioned are super popular, the Melitzanosalata (chargrilled aubergine purée) the oven baked aubergine and seafood skewer are all Thymari favourites and I’m really glad you got to try them!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2019

Booked Thymari for a family lunch of 20 guests for my sisters 20th. Christina was able to cater an amazing set menu which included a few special dietary requirements. We had a great afternoon, the food was not only tasty but in the plentiful. We all left well and truly stuffed. The staff were really accommodating, everything was planned so well we couldn't have asked for more.
Have to go back for the Feta Meli, Kolothikokeftedes and Veggie Moussaka.

We'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: January 2019
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Archna,

Thank you so much for this fabulous review and for taking your time to share your experience.

I’m so happy your sister enjoyed her birthday celebration and that you all enjoyed the food!

Thank you so much for choosing Thymari!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.