“Delicious ”

Thymari
Ranked #4 of 147 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A charmingly small restaurant in the prestigious area of Hadley Wood with a stylish yet intimate ambiance and high quality, flavourful food.
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

We were a large Christmas outing group - the food & service were superb.

We had meze which was delicious & very plentiful. The sheftalia were especially delicious.

A great find!

Date of visit: January 2019
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2019

Agatha,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Thymari.

It’s great for us to hear that customers are enjoying the food and experience at Thymari!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Came to Thymari a few weeks ago with some friends, ordered a selection of small dishes and mains, everything was delicious! Great service and great food.

We came on a week night and there was a great atmosphere in the restaurant, really enjoyed our night.

Would recommend to friends and looking forward to our next visit!

Date of visit: December 2018
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Dear MC,

So glad you enjoyed your evening at Thymari!

It’s such a delight to read such a wonderful review!

We look forward to welcoming again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

My sister visits regularly after I recommended the restaurant to her months ago. However, I went last night and to be very honest, very upset with the service we received and do not want to visit again.

Ordered our starters and mains which took quite along to time to arrive. On to dessert and decided to order loukoumades (mini donuts) and some coffees. The coffees came straight away, however the loukoumades took 25mins. I appreciate you have to fry them, I am Greek myself!!! However, I feel the waiter should I stated this as my husband and father in law finished the coffees before the dessert came out. We did say this to the waiter who replied “they take 25minutes”, I said I know this, but why did you bring the coffees so early then? He then gave me a look and said “so are you saying you want another two coffees”. At this point I think he should of apologised and offered complimentary dessert drinks. Plus the manager should of come to the table.
The bill came and shockingly we were charged four coffees. I couldn’t believe it! Out of good will and gesture the restaurant should of NOT charged us for any of the coffees. But no, he went to the manager who looked at us and then gave us a new bill charging only two coffees.
I mean, oh my goodness I don’t care about the price, the restaurant is located in a wealthy area, I grow up there, still live there as well as the rest of my “Greek family”. But I’m just shocked with the whole experience.

The manager didn’t come over to apologise AT ALL, he was smoking outside and sitting along side a table next to us eating.

A bad experience can put you off a place for good. I know it’s silly but we go to Greek restaurants regularly, at least once a week. However now, I will tell my family etc about this and we will continue to go to our other local Greek restaurants in Cockfosters. I’m sure my family will follow suit.

Last note, the back board of my chair was loose and the music was dull and depressing.

Date of visit: December 2018
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2018

MrsKTeacher,

I’m sorry to read that this incident upset you so much.

It’s not entirely clear to me what you are upset about? Is it that the desserts took too long or that you finished the coffees prior to desserts coming or that we didn’t offer you coffee on the house?
When people order desserts and coffees they do not necessarily come out simultaneously as the coffees are made by the bar and and the desserts are made by the kitchen. As you are aware our loukoumades are made on site and take a while to fry (usually 10-15 minutes per batch). On an evening when we are busy it is possible that there could be a delay. I apologise if this was the case, it should’ve been explained at the time.

I hope there are no hard feelings. I wish you a wonderful Christmas and new year and hope to see you on another occasion in the future should you decide to give us another chance.

Christina

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Spent £200 on meze and drinks four of us and left hungry safe to say won’t be going back! Stingy portions and quality of food not worth the money spent either.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Spyros A
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Spyros,

I’m very sorry to read this. I’m also not really sure how to respond. We believe our prices are very fair based on the products we serve.

If you would like to offer more specific feedback other than to ‘stay away’ please email us at bookings@thymari.co.uk so you can explain what you ate that was incorrectly priced. People rarely leave Thymari hungry, our meat poikilia is only £22 per person. This includes, dips all our meat grills, Greek salad and chips. We believe this is very good value.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

My partner Paola and I enjoyed a lovely evening at Thymari last Thursday.

We wolfed down appetisers of Melitzanosalata, Kolokithokeftedes and Kalamarakia Tiganita which could not be faulted, mains of juicy, sweet, lamb souvlaki and moist, pink Paidakia washed down with a very decent oaky, fruity Kratistos.

We chatted with the charming, funny owner Christina and talked food, wine, the restaurant trade, her former life in the City, as well as internet restaurant reviews!

We will return soon to try out the rest of the menu, not least the enticing looking Brizola!

Date of visit: October 2018
ThymariRestaurant, Owner at Thymari, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

David,

It was a real pleasure meeting Paola and yourself. I’m so glad you enjoyed your evening. Thank you so much for sharing your experience of Thymari and of me!

There’s a Brizola with your name on it, awaiting your next visit.

I look forward to seeing you both again soon.