“Worst curries we’ve ever had!”
Review of Arati Tandoori

Arati Tandoori
Ranked #47 of 147 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Visited friends and after they were recommended this place, we ordered for a takeaway. I had the chicken biriyani, my husband had a prawn Bhuna, friends chicken tikka masala and chicken patia. They all had ZERO flavour, which is something you can rarely say about a dish with spices, it was very strange. I can’t put this down to personal preference as our entire party shared the same view. Popadoms were stale and no chutneys or salad were given, also not what you normally expect. A real shame as the reviews seem to be generally good, which was misleading for us. Would not recommend on that basis.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Serves a very palatable curry. My personal favourite is the Arati Special but I am not a great curry enthusiast. My friends who are all agree that here is the best. Friendly service

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

It was such a nice surprise!! Local and cosy restaurant with delicious tasty food!! Chickpeas were really nice and chicken tikka tender and juicy. We will definitely return to experience more of the menu and the friendly hospitality!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Update........still great food....average service but improving......good old fashion decor.
Very reasonably priced.
Gonna miss it when I move.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

The food whether you eat in or take away is always superb.
strong flavours, with plentiful plates.
the selection of beers and spirits is good.
naan always perfectly cooked
tikka superb
jalfrezi is tasty
Karai chicken is my reccommendation

Date of visit: August 2018