“Birthday Celebration”

The Blue Olive
Ranked #38 of 121 Restaurants in Barnet
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Booked for a birthday ecelebartion. Booking was simple and easy, finding the place on the other hand was an issue the website says barnet but the cards in the resutrant say cockfosters. The venue was very friendly, Staff always smiling and quick. The food came in waves and just wouldnt stop,NOT complaining. The Meze is a must. The flavors, the taste, the smell all amazing. We enjoyed so much. The resturant was quiet full for a thursday, Lovely relaxing atmosphere. l cannot fault any of the food. Dont eat anything before going to this resturant coz you will leave carrying your own stomach in your hands so much food. Great food will definatley go again.

• Visited January 2013

London
“Lovely”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I loved iti thought it was amazing the food The waiters everything it was amazing not dry nothing like that

• Visited January 2013
“Dry food”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I both had a meze at this restaurant. The starters, both warm and cold, were fine but the main meat course was very very dry and also not very hot. I will not be returning. Deserie across the road does better meze with more courses and with juicier meat. I guess I should have known that this would not be very traditionally Cypriot by the fact that there were not many Cypriots in there. I really wanted to like this place as the decor and outside looks nice but the food just wasn't up to scratch for the price paid (£50 for two people)

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank VikkiK91
“simple Greek food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I only live across the road, and eat in here once a month.
I have always found the food to be of very good plain Greek cooking,and the octopus is a dish well worth eating (YUM YUM).
The staff are always friendly and make you feel welcome.
For plain simple Greek food this is the place to eat!!.
Take away is available, which is away from the main restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
“Disappointing, raw chicken”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant previously on a busy Saturday night and the food was very good.

This time it was a Sunday evening, the restaurant was mostly empty. We were greeted and shown to our table. The service was good although having a near empty restaurant you would expect it to be.

We ordered a mixed selection of starters, hot and cold, and for main we had a selection of kebabs. The pita served with the starters was not fresh, quite hard really. The hot and cold starters were average.

The main course for most was OK but my wife's chicken kebab was not cooked through properly, in fact a couple of cubes were raw in centre. In fairness to the restaurant no other chicken kebabs on our table were undercooked and when we made the staff aware of the problem they apologised and prepared a fresh dinner adding that they would not charge for it. Fair enough. The rice served with the kebabs was a little tasteless.

The meal overall was average, although the souvla I and one other had on our Blue Olive special (meat feast) was superb. Restaurants like this (Greek or Turkish) are pretty much two a penny in our area so they all need to up their game to stay ahead of their competition.

Another bug bear with the Blue Olive; the bill was presented as a final total, no itemised break down of food/drink ordered (although I'm sure if i had requested such it could have been supplied). However as the total was in line with my expectation I didn't deem it a necessity to check off each item consumed or imbibed.

• Visited November 2012